Do you think Corey Anderson can beat Jon Jones?

Nope. It requires someone with good finishing ability which Anderson doesn't really have. Reyes has that, hence what gave him the edge in certain exchanges. Corey isn't going to lay and pray Jones and it's extremely doubtful he gets the same result he did against Johnny Walker.
Jon has been facing guys with good finishing ability and none have been successful. Corey wont lay and pray Jon but what Corey has is cardio to keep putting pressure on Jon. He will force Jon to work. I have never seen Jon in a fight where he didnt have a huge advantage in cardio. Corey reminds me of Usman hes a pressure fighter with amazing cardio

Hell no skill for skill, but Jones' last two opponents shouldn't have had a chance on paper either.

The reason why Santos and Reyes had the success that they did is because they're both dangerous. Both guys have that element of danger and pose a threat. Even if they don't get a KO Jones has to be extremely careful and tactical when it comes to exchanging with these guys. He's also forced to retreat sometimes because he know he can't win certain exchanges. With Corey it's highly unlikely that happens. Jones has very little to fear or respect. Is he going to take Jones down for 5 rounds and successfully lay and pray? Doubtful. Is he gong to outstrike him? Again that's doubtful.
We've never seen Jon Jones on his back except by Hallway Mir. Frank won that fight by ignoring Jon's weak jabs and basically picking him up and dumping him on his ass, where he didn't look very comfortable. Don't see why Beastin' couldn't do the same thing. He's a big strong dude.

I mean anything can happen but Anderson has been put away by both OSP and Manuawa and I don’t see why his wrestling is any better than Jones. Especially when you consider Jon best Cormier who is a significantly higher level wrestler than Anderson. Heck, he could lose to Jan tonight.

We've never seen Jon Jones on his back except by Hallway Mir. Frank won that fight by ignoring Jon's weak jabs and basically picking him up and dumping him on his ass, where he didn't look very comfortable. Don't see why Beastin' couldn't do the same thing. He's a big strong dude.
Mir has finishing ability and a weight advantage. Mir has ko power and his submission skills are among the best at HW.

Jon has been facing guys with good finishing ability and none have been successful. Corey wont lay and pray Jon but what Corey has is cardio to keep putting pressure on Jon. He will force Jon to work. I have never seen Jon in a fight where he didnt have a huge advantage in cardio. Corey reminds me of Usman hes a pressure fighter with amazing cardio
What's he going to do with it though? He won't be able to swarm Jones like Diaz or Holloway and completely overwhelm him with strikes. Usman is capable of wall and stalling almost everyone in his division, I don't really see Corey doing that to Jones. Remember, Corey lost to an ancient Shogun, and before you claim it was a robbery, the fact that it was a remotely close fight it somewhat sad when you compare Jones demolishing a much more dangerous version. I'm not a Jones fanboy but I've given up hope in seeing him lose at LHW, I think guys like Overeem, Francis, Werdum, and a prime JDS can beat him.

Adesanya-Jones is next big payday fight, if Adesanya wins Romero.
If Israel loses, i dunno. Yoel-Jones seems unlikely.
However, we did get a freakshow payday fight in Chael-Jones a few years back, so i have no idea really.
On topic, no. I cant see Corey beating Jones. I cant see anyone beating Jones right now at 205. Maybe Stipe at HW.

Last edited:
Add a poll, mods. I have a odd feeling that he can, not sure if he will pull through.
Probably not, but who TF knows anymore, in my eyes Jones is on a 2 fight losing streak.

Also why is everyone auto-assuming Corey beats Jan?
Jan looked like shit in his last fight, but that was largely due to Jacare spamming underhooks and hugging him against the fence. Corey's resumé isn't that much better, if at all better than Jan's.

Probably not, but who TF knows anymore, in my eyes Jones is on a 2 fight losing streak.

Also why is everyone auto-assuming Corey beats Jan?
Jan looked like shit in his last fight, but that was largely due to Jacare spamming underhooks and hugging him against the fence. Corey's resumé isn't that much better, if at all better than Jan's.
People assume that because Corey already fought Jan and dominated him. Two judges scored the fight 30-25

Well, I think he won't gas or be wrestle fucked at least. And although Anderson doesn't have much of a chin, I don't think Jones is Knockng him out either. Anderson also has more reach than most of Jones past opponents.

I think Anderson would pose problems for Jones with his constant movement, output, tdd, and cardio.

I agree with this. Corey may also have better hands, but much worse defense.
Like I said. Much worse defense smh.

It wouldn't have been as big of an issue against Jones because Jones isn't exactly a heavy hitter.
That was actually the first thing I thought myself but then again he could run into one of those hellbows so who knows.

Back