Do you think Corey Anderson can beat Jon Jones?

ZxxRnn

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Add a poll, mods. I have a odd feeling that he can, not sure if he will pull through.

Hell no lol. But just imagine of all the people Jon has beaten and it's Corey fucking Anderson that ends his reign
<27>

Well, I think he won't gas or be wrestle fucked at least. And although Anderson doesn't have much of a chin, I don't think Jones is Knockng him out either. Anderson also has more reach than most of Jones past opponents.

I think Anderson would pose problems for Jones with his constant movement, output, tdd, and cardio.

Last edited:
Corey is moving onto bigger and better things. If he beats Jan I’d put him in the top 5 worldwide LHW rankings. It’d be Santos, Reyes, Bader, Jiri, Corey. Jones is #5 right now but with consecutive losses I’d have to put him below the winner of Jan and Corey.

No

But I didn't think Santos and Reyes had a chance either and they nearly pulled it off so who knows

Before Reyes I would said hell no.

Now it’s a possibility

Corey is moving onto bigger and better things. If he beats Jan I’d put him in the top 5 worldwide LHW rankings. It’d be Santos, Reyes, Bader, Jiri, Corey. Jones is #5 right now but with consecutive losses I’d have to put him below the winner of Jan and Corey.
<mma4>

I can't wait to see the unification bout between Lineal Champion Santos and Interim Champion Reyes

Normally would say no but clean Jones seems very beatable.

Corey has power and wrestling so he has a good chance now

<mma4>

I can't wait to see the unification bout between Lineal Champion Santos and Interim Champion Reyes
Yeah that’s what I’m waiting for! It’s a shame Santos is injured and hasn’t been able to defend, but at least he has a fresh match up now. I don’t need to see a two legged Santos decimate Jones. Santos showed he was the waaaaay superior fighter in the first fight and he had no legs.

Nope.
I always said Reyes could because of the size and length is near equal and his boxing could pose a huge threat. Even though I expected Jones to beat Smith I thought that might be a tough fight for the same reason.

Corey Anderson on the other hand isn't even close to Jones' level on the feet and I can't see him outgrappling him, especially not for 5 rounds

According to sherdog Henry Cejudo could beat Jon Jones right now

<{outtahere}>

Add a poll, mods. I have a odd feeling that he can, not sure if he will pull through.
I have the same odd feeling. I wonder if its because of his shocking win in his last fight. He may be...the One.
Or maybe its because he's young and seems to have a fire lit under him, and Jon Jones has been coasting long enough to be overdue for a loss. I feel like they're on opposite trajectories. Also, for some reason, I think people tend to underestimate Corey and Jon has a history of underestimating his competition. A lot of things just converge in my mind that adds up to a Jon Jones loss to Corey Anderson.

Coreys 2 losses recently were heavy handed shots and kicks from Jimi Manuwa and OSP.
Jon isn't as heavy handed as Jimi and doesn't have that KO kick OSP has.
Mind you, Jan sorta does have something like that. If Corey can beat Jan I honestly see him having a better chance than others at beating Jon.

Nope. It requires someone with good finishing ability which Anderson doesn't really have. Reyes has that, hence what gave him the edge in certain exchanges. Corey isn't going to lay and pray Jones and it's extremely doubtful he gets the same result he did against Johnny Walker.

I wasn’t impressed with Anderson at all. Walker win was good.but unless he’s improved about 30 fold over the last year I can’t see the fight being competitive.

Corey doesn’t do anything exceptionally well or so can very good. Many weakness in his game. Especially durability and fighting for 5.

I’m actually pretty shocked that he could even whiff the title let alone be a serious contender.

I could be wrong but he’s a pretty run of the mill fighter. Decent wrestler and average in all other areas. He doesn’t even have a pig punch for as big of a guy as he is.

I’m not hating. I could be wrong but even the old great shotgun whooped his ass or stopped him anyways. And that a pretty big black eye on a contender at this stage of shoguns career.

Anderson is the dark horse of the divison, I feel like. He definitely has a chance.

Let's see how he performs against Jan though. Jan is no push over.

Think Jan has a better shot. Jon’s time is ending soon though. Adesanya beats him.

Back