Do you think Bethe is the first female fighter to not fear Ronda ?

I think she def believes in herself but looking at her last fight with Baszler nothing she did looked impressive. Her punches looked slow and weak in the finish and she didnt do that well on the ground. Shayna basically gassed herself out and didnt even flinch when getting tagged just exhausted.
You missed all those low kicks to the gut. Those sapped her energy, so you can't use 2 weeks as an excuse.

Delusion is a powerful thing.

Unless Bethe suddenly developed striking power, or crazy grappling skills, she has nothing for R3.

I think her confidence is synonymous with craziness but I love it. Watching the embedded videos, the countdown, staredown and the multiple interviews, I'm actually shocked to see how convinced she is about her skill set. She honestly seems to truly believe from deep down in her heart that Ronda Rousey is a fake, who doesn't have what it takes to beat her. In her mind, she is undefeated and no one, not even Ronda, will take her invincibility away. I like that mind set. I'm almost positive that Rousey's past opponents didn't have an ounce of the confidence we see in Bethe. Will this translate to tonight, probably not, but I really do like the effort she put in pre-fight hype, it did work, I will be tuning in tonight that's for sure.

I highly doubt Cat Zingano had any fear of Ronda when she charged across the cage at her

I believe Bethe believes, that the fans must believe in an unbelievable possibility that she can beat Ronda. She might not personally believe it herself, but she knows it's critical that one must be hyped to see this fight and I salute her.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

The difference is Bethe is a normal person playing a psychopath. Ronda is a psychopath trying to act normal.

That's the best and most accurate quote about her I've ever read on Sherdog.

She sure is talking the talk in terms of her not being afraid. You have to do that in order to win. Certainly more than a couple of Rondas opponents were beaten before stepping into the cage.

I don't think she'll win but I believe 6-12 mos from today bethe will be the number 2 in that division

I don't think that Carmouche, Tate, or Zingano feared Ronda .. Bethe is on some next level delusion though.

I believe, that Bethe believes the crap she is talking, but it is also clear that Bethe has a distorted perception of her skill set, much like Jessica Eye who thought she could merely talk herself into greatness.

This is not something that can be proven.

You are correct. Which is why I said 'I believe" rather than "I know". I am open to the fact that I am wrong, but I don't think Bethe is dumber than the rest of us and I do not think she is denial. In my opinion, she is probably well aware that she has a small chance of winning this fight.

Therefore you're probably the wrong person to be second guessing this.
Not at all. This is an MMA forum where we discuss MMA related topics such as the degree of confidence MMA fighters possess in their upcoming MMA fights. As an MMA fan, I am perfectly situated to call it how I see it in this context.

Cat didn't fear Ronda. Neither did Tate. Or McMann. The fact that you may not beat someone (because they are better than you are) doesn't mean you fear them.

None of her opponents fear her. They appreciate her. They get the opportunity to be a main event with a good payday, and there is little expectation for them to win. I think they enjoy pumping the fight, knowing that they have nothing to lose.

The difference is Bethe is a normal person playing a psychopath. Ronda is a psychopath trying to act normal.

Says a guy who has never met Ronda or spoken to her. Funny you make a joke about someone who is "normal" who essentially makes a joke out of Ronda's dad killing himself (and save me the Bethe didn't know bullshit) but shit on Ronda, who's never had a DUI, never been in trouble with the law and on and on. Ronda says some dumb shit, but nothing as heartless as making light of suicide.

Otherwise, GREAT joke...

fear and belief are overrated. bethe getting rekt.

An armbar isn't exactly cozy. Meisha wasn't afraid and she still got her arm jacked up.

"I basically tore everything. I tore the inner and outer sides of my ligaments attached to the muscles and bone. They actually pulled the bone off with the ligament and then I tore all the muscles around that. So it was pretty bad, but you know to me it wasn't really that bad."
- Miesha on the first fight.

Because Miesha is crazy and didn't tap. Grappling isn't scary, outside of heel hooks, especially by Paul Harris.

You have plenty of time to tap in an armbar, and you rarely see people getting hurt in armbars, except when they go full retard and do not tap.

A few exceptions like Mir vs Sylvia but I find it unlikely Ronda is strong enough to break an arm like that. An armbar is designed to bend your elbow backwards, to actually break the bone in half you need to be Frank Mur

Bethe is absolutely afraid of Ronda. That whole act at the weigh ins and press conferences is exactly that - an 'act'.

The fighter, in my opinion, who shows the least amount of fear is Fedor. Calmness = lack of fear. Being hyped up and on edge is a sign that you are within the higher end of your spectrum of emotions.

I was surprised Ariel commented on Bethe's supposed lack of fear of Ronda; normally he is spot on with his assessment of the situation(s).

Bethe is absolutely afraid of Ronda. That whole act at the weigh ins and press conferences is exactly that - an 'act'.

The fighter, in my opinion, who shows the least amount of fear is Fedor. Calmness = lack of fear. Being hyped up and on edge is a sign that you are within the higher end of your spectrum of emotions.

I was surprised Ariel commented on Bethe's supposed lack of fear of Ronda; normally he is spot on with his assessment of the situation(s).
Uh, or maybe you are just 100% wrong. Just stop with your bro-science bullshit. You are speculating. Great. Please don't confuse that with real knowledge.

Uh, or maybe you are just 100% wrong. Just stop with your bro-science bullshit. You are speculating. Great. Please don't confuse that with real knowledge.

Maybe I'm wrong, yeah. That's just my guess after watching Embedded and such.

Relax mate.

Cat didn't fear Ronda. Neither did Tate. Or McMann. The fact that you may not beat someone (because they are better than you are) doesn't mean you fear them.

I don't agree on meisha and Sara. They were both afraid of ronda in my opinion

Nope. I don't think either Cat or Miesha are scared of her. In fact, I don't recall any of her opponents acting scared. I don't really think that being scared of another human being really applies to people who fight in a cage for a living.

Back