Do you think Bethe is the first female fighter to not fear Ronda ?

I think the fear of failure in the most important moment of your career is reasonable.

Yes, definitely. Some people break under that pressure, others rise to the occasion. Here, though, I wonder whether Bethe even believes she has the tools to get this done. I suspect she's gunning for moral victories (e.g., survive a round, stop a throw, land a punch), unless she's legit delusional.

11254144_462961380541971_69898899_n.jpg

I think she's the most terrified, actually.
The crazy eyes and the screaming are just coping mechanisms.

Yeah that image screams tiny dog barking like mad due to being scared shitless. She's getting mauled.

Yeah, I've practiced BJJ since 2002, so I do appreciate that having your arm ripped off isn't pleasant. Didn't Tate let Rousey crank her arm for, like, some unimaginably long stretch of time? She could have saved herself all of that trouble with a bit more fight IQ and a bit less errant pride. If Tate had anyone to fear, it was her own bloated ego.

EDIT: Can't remember if that was their first fight...?

Yeah it was Tate's fault for being stubborn.

It was their first fight. I believe Tate was a lot quicker to submit in the rematch.

Bethe is terrified, which is why she resorts to antics.

I think she def believes in herself but looking at her last fight with Baszler nothing she did looked impressive. Her punches looked slow and weak in the finish and she didnt do that well on the ground. Shayna basically gassed herself out and didnt even flinch when getting tagged just exhausted.

Yeah it was Tate's fault for being stubborn.

It was their first fight. I believe Tate was a lot quicker to submit in the rematch.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Guess she learned her lesson! lol

Yes, definitely. Some people break under that pressure, others rise to the occasion. Here, though, I wonder whether Bethe even believes she has the tools to get this done. I suspect she's gunning for moral victories (e.g., survive a round, stop a throw, land a punch), unless she's legit delusional.

She does come across as genuinely delusional to me. This is going to be yet another reality check.

I think her confidence is synonymous with craziness but I love it. Watching the embedded videos, the countdown, staredown and the multiple interviews, I'm actually shocked to see how convinced she is about her skill set. She honestly seems to truly believe from deep down in her heart that Ronda Rousey is a fake, who doesn't have what it takes to beat her. In her mind, she is undefeated and no one, not even Ronda, will take her invincibility away. I like that mind set. I'm almost positive that Rousey's past opponents didn't have an ounce of the confidence we see in Bethe. Will this translate to tonight, probably not, but I really do like the effort she put in pre-fight hype, it did work, I will be tuning in tonight that's for sure.

I don't think Zingano or Tate feared Ronda at all. Just because they lost to her doesn't mean they feared her. Both really went for it, but both just got beat by a better physical/technical fighter.

You know how I know Bethe is crazy? It clicked for me when I saw her comments about how she's a real fighter and not a manufactured personality.

Ok so what a minute Bethe. Are you telling us that talking yourself into a title shot when the best fighter you've ever beaten was Jessamyn Duke makes you the real fighter and not the manufactured personality?

That's just crazy talk, Bethe.

Ronda has been training or competing at a world class level since she could walk. You started training MMA three years ago because your boyfriend was a fighter and you wanted to get into shape.

You have no takedown skills, few grappling skills, your footwork is horrible and you have pillow hands.

So who's the real fighter?

im pretty sure liz carmouche thought she was going to whip that ass.

Closest anyone came to it too. Liz is a goddamn Marine though, I really honestly doubt there's anything she truly fears except maybe dying alone without someone to whisper sweet nothings to at night.

Yeah, I've practiced BJJ since 2002, so I do appreciate that having your arm ripped off isn't pleasant. Didn't Tate let Rousey crank her arm for, like, some unimaginably long stretch of time? She could have saved herself all of that trouble with a bit more fight IQ and a bit less errant pride. If Tate had anyone to fear, it was her own bloated ego.

EDIT: Can't remember if that was their first fight...?

First fight. Probably sprained the arm in the first minute and then had Tate howling in agony at the end.

We can partly blame Sarah D'Alelio for that. That was the infamous verbal submission/scream that looked like another Mazagatti Moment until it was revealed that it's considered a tap when you freaking cry out in pain.

After that she vowed to never go easy in case someone tried to weasel their way out of a legit sub.

I certainly think she has the most confidence of any Ronda opponent, the problem is she probably has the worst skill-set.
I was also interested to see how Ronda would do with the entire crowd against her and them chanting "You will Die" since I think it could have a major affect on a female fighter, but from the weigh ins it seems like a mutual or pro-Ronda crowd.

I don't think the chant would impact Ronda since she's used to being booed. Also, I think the crowd will be more pro-Ronda than not.

She may not fear her now, but I think once the bell rings she may shit her pants Tim Sylvia style.

She is scared

Confident people don't act like her

The difference is Bethe is a normal person playing a psychopath. Ronda is a psychopath trying to act normal.

No, but I think she's the worst one to not fear her if that's worth something.

do not think miesha was scarred either

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back