Do you think Bendo would beat Aldo?

Aldo was spent by the 5th due to a bad weight cut (allegedly). Since then his TDD has looked amazing. Especially against Mendes, his TDD in that fight was some of the best I've ever seen.

:icon_neut

Grabbing the fence is awesome TDD.

That fight would be much more competitive than AS-GSP. Please Dana, take my money . Make this fight happen!

:icon_neut

Grabbing the fence is awesome TDD.

yeah because he didn't easily stop the other 6 takedown attempts.

At some point the Alpha Fail members will just forfeit all their title shots because it can't be that fun getting their ass kicked over and over again.

aldo is a killer. bendo is more of an athlete. i think he could outpoint aldo with a good game plan

I think it would be competitive but Aldo's TDD is solid and his striking is waaaay better than Bendo's so i give him a better chance of winning.

Bendo has too much size and too much chin for Aldo. If they were equal size, then Aldo by whatever he wants, but there's too big a size difference so Bendo wins easy.

all this post has done is made me want to see this fight

Come on, Bendo/Edgar 2 was no where near a a draw or a Bendo win.

Aldo would take it. Hes too quick, moves too well which helps his awesome TDD defense.

I think Aldo can hurt any 155'er and also defend most of their takedowns.

Benson doesn't like to make it an ugly fight holding his opponent against the cage and unloading knees and short punches in the clinch, which would be the best plan for his style to beat Aldo. Benson likes to put on a fighting show, and i'm not sure if that is a good thing against Aldo.

The last great kickboxer that Benson fought was Pettis, and it was a damn close fight. I expect a fight against Aldo to look like that, but i think Aldo is better at capitalizing on the opponent's small mistakes in the stand-up and may get the edge with some knockdowns.

I think Bendo would probably smother Aldo on his way to another UD, although I'd love Aldo to knock him out if it ever comes around. Can't say I'm a fan of Bendo. There never seems to be any flow to his fights, and he immediately ties it up either against the cage or with a takedown as soon as a bit of a striking battle breaks out. Don't get me wrong, he fully deserves his title, I'm just not a fan.

If he takes him down he can but if Aldo keeps it standing then Bendo is in trouble due to the speed factor. It would be a great chess match. :cool:

no

Aldo=beast

and lol at guys saying bendo is grinder. Guy is exciting despite no finishes.It's damn hard to finish guys like Miller,Guida,Edgar,Pettis,Diaz

I still think Aldo beats every LW on the roster, nothing in the div points to a change of opinion. The guys to give him the most trouble are good strikers like Pettis, Nate and Cowboy, like a guy with less power, Hominick, showed.

He's too fast and accurate for Bendo's wild style, that flying stuff doesn't work on Aldo. His TDD is arguably the best in the UFC (right behind Jones and DC), and he's fought plenty of wrestlers who couldn't impose that wrestling on him, but got beat up on the feet.

It would be more competitive than the Edgar fight, mainly because of Bendo's strength, cardio and power GnP if he gets him down, but I don't see Bendo holding him down unless Aldo gasses. And he's too good on the feet.

That's a fight i want to see, bendo's weakness imo is his striking so he could definately get ko'd. But he's a big lw and i see him wrestling aldo to a decision.

And fuck the haters bendo is a very exciting fighter.

Aldo may be a beast, but the Bendo of today would be steamrolling the competition at FW at well, and with greater ease.

I'm not even sold that Aldo would outstrike Henderson. After his prolonged layoff, he needs to focus on securing his position at his present weight class.

I think not only would Bendo win, he would make it look easy.
Aldo's leg kicks wouldn't work, Bendo would nullify every Aldo's BJJ ground game, and would outwrestle him.
Aldo, as we have seen in the past, has a slight tendency to fade late, while Bendo has superhuman cardio.

Back