Social Do you think 8% tip is way too low?

do you have beef with @Oeshon or something? Why are you calling him an asshole?

How is $15 not an acceptable tip? It's not all she made all day. It's one table that she probably spent under an hour with while she had multiple other tables. She's honestly probably extremely overpaid
He’s saying he doesn’t tip in American restaurants. I’d call anyone who does that an asshole.

I always tip well if the waitress is hot, even if I order a steak and she brings me chicken, she’ll get a good tip. No problem, baby, here goes 20+%.

He’s saying he doesn’t tip in American restaurants. I’d call anyone who does that an asshole.
Oh, yeah I didn't see that. You should tip at least some @Oeshon I don't see what being in America has to do with it.

Of course this serving bitching about a $15 tip probably isn't helping change anyone's mind

do you have beef with @Oeshon or something? Why are you calling him an asshole?

How is $15 not an acceptable tip? It's not all she made all day. It's one table that she probably spent under an hour with while she had multiple other tables. She's honestly probably extremely overpaid
Waitress is overpaid is something I don’t think I have heard anyone say. I never understood the contempt some people have with servers. You don’t want to tip them, want them to serve you with a smile, tell them they make too much money, laugh and tell them to get a better job since they don’t make much money. I just don’t get it. I get why people don’t like this chick because, in the end, is bitching about a $15 tip.

Tipping for me $3-$5 up to $20, depending on what is, and the final cost.(Example: $3 for a $10 pizza, $5 for a haircut) After that, mentally adjust it to a higher tip depending on what it is, final price, and how long I used their service.

Waitress is overpaid is something I don’t think I have heard anyone say. I never understood the contempt some people have with servers. You don’t want to tip them, want them to serve you with a smile, tell them they make too much money, laugh and tell them to get a better job since they don’t make much money. I just don’t get it. I get why people don’t like this chick because, in the end, is bitching about a $15 tip.
Did you not see the story about the waitress making 80k earlier in this thread? Do you think that is not being overpaid? I know that story is true too because one of my sister-in-laws was a waitress in NYC at an upscale restaurant for a long time, and she made way too much.

Obviously thats not some grand statement about all waitress. I am sure it fluctuates so much that there is no telling average that they make. Chick in the OP sounds way overpaid though.

I usually tip 20%. Unless I'm ordering a beer then it's a buck or two. 8% is fine if the service was bad though.

For the record I think this girl is worse than the bad tipper. Posting this crap on Social Media with the go fuck yourself line basically erases any sympathy I may of had for her.

Did you not see the story about the waitress making 80k earlier in this thread? Do you think that is not being overpaid? I know that story is true too because one of my sister-in-laws was a waitress in NYC at an upscale restaurant for a long time, and she made way too much.

Obviously thats not some grand statement about all waitress. I am sure it fluctuates so much that there is no telling average that they make. Chick in the OP sounds way overpaid though.
Damn, 80k is pretty crazy for a waitress, even in New York. Never heard of a waitress making that damn much money, unless they were working crazy hours. That explains why she bitched about the tip being $15. She is probably used to getting much more than that and it really stood out.

Even if the service is shabby I tip 15%. Don't want them to mess with my food. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN

o_Cat-s-Waiter-Costume-N12391_54_49_305.jpg

I was a cheap tipper until I dated a waitress and heard all the shit they put up with. Now I tip a minimum of %20 unless the service sucks in which case I’ll drop 50 or 75 cents to send a message.

Plus, if you’re in a situation to tip you’ll be out with a girl or friends and being generous is always looked kindly upon. Tip well ya cheap fuckers.

I consider myself a good tipper... usually around 20%

But fuck this entitled attitude... the world doesn't owe you anything, sweetie, and I'm sure as fuck not here to pay your tuition... lol

Last edited:
Cheap people shouldn't go out. Maybe McDonalds is more their speed.

Young servers are annoying. Constantly interrupting your meal/conversation with their over-the-top cheerfulness trying to earn a bigger tip. The older ones are usually cool though.

Servers in general are entitled assholes that don't work as hard as kitchen staff or people that clean up. The entire practice, from low wages to tipping is full retard. And here's the dumbest part, service in the US is not better than in Europe or Asia. All you get in the US is the server interrupting you every 3 mins and making fake friendly conversation.

I would support no tipping restaurants with higher prices, that paid all staff especially the kitchen staff real salaries.

Oh and just in case anyone is wondering i have worked in a restaurant and the servers were easily the biggest pieces of shit. They routinely mocked the customers and made fun of them.

Korea has it right, button for service, second button for the bill.
This.. least talented people in a restaurant. They carry plates back and forth and wipe down a table. They rarely help with any prep or cleanup. And they make more than anyone there when its busy

Should I tip the delivery guy from the Dispensary? He drives a Tesla is about 35 years old and clearly does more for the dispensary than just deliver weed. Add to that they overcharge the shit out of us. They charge like $475.00 for an ounce of weed that cost them about 75 bucks.... on top of that there's a hefty delivery charge...What say you Sherbros? How much of a tip? A lot, a little, none at all? :)
Throw him a nugget?

This.. least talented people in a restaurant. They carry plates back and forth and wipe down a table. They rarely help with any prep or cleanup. And they make more than anyone there when its busy
I'm not gonna say you have to be super talented to be a waiter, or that it is insanely hard.

Ive done it all in the service industry. It's not the least skilled job. The hostess is. You just sit people down and manage where people sit so waiters dont get overwhelmed.

Prep cooks and bussers also require less skill and is alot less stressful. Same with the food expo(s). Depending on where you're working and what station, the line cooking jobs are easier than waiting. Hell, the floor manager generally doesnt do much at all.

Waiting you're walking around all day to the point where your ass is chafed, and mentally you get worked trying to keep everyone's demands and get it sorted in a timely manner. You've also got to be fast at entering the orders in a computer and make sure you dont make any mistakes. Most of the computer systems arent exactly programmed to where it's super easy to do. On top of that you have to be efficient with your trips around the restaurant and be smart enough to make each walk around you do efficient as possible.. keep everyone's water, tea, sodas full.. sensible enough to know when you need to run the food

Its not as easy as alot of people think, especially if you're working somewhere that's understaffed or mis managed, which alot of places are. Its something you should go do for a month or two if you really have that attitude that it's a cakewalk.

But no, it isnt super hard work. 200 bucks for a 10 hour shift is fair pay for what you're doing.. and in my experience that's about what you make on average. Higher end places you'll make a bit more.

That's the average, you'll have nights were you go home with 40 bucks and nights where you make 300.

I prefer to cook. But I've been doing it for a long time and have gotten to where I get a high hourly pay and wont work for shit money

Always tip what is appropriate for time/energy used, not my bill.

I mainly eat at nice steak places. Get a 80 buck steak, a few sides, and some drinks. All expensive stuff, that requires the bare minimum from servers. Fuck if I’m paying them at least 45 dollars for about an hour of “work”. Especially if they are working a decent amount of tables.
Bill doesn’t matter. The work put In is what does.

I was a cheap tipper until I dated a waitress and heard all the shit they put up with. Now I tip a minimum of %20 unless the service sucks in which case I’ll drop 50 or 75 cents to send a message.

Plus, if you’re in a situation to tip you’ll be out with a girl or friends and being generous is always looked kindly upon. Tip well ya cheap fuckers.
Exactly. When I was a little kid, my mother was a waitress. She eventually got a better job with the city, but the first ten years or so of my life, my family depended on the income made from tips. My first job was delivering pizza, and I depended on tips. I tip well, always. I don’t look kindly on someone’s character if they don’t.

10% is my standard. There is no way I’m paying more than that.

Back