Social Do you think 8% tip is way too low?

Richmma80

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Xa4MqYY.png

Waitresses only earn a few dollars an hour

15-20% should be mandatory

If the service is beyond excellent I give more

Also in before

giphy.gif

Depends what city they're in. If it's Seattle, probably not. If it's in bumfuck Texas where they are still getting paid server minimum wage, yeah that sucks.

But tipping is stupid anyway. We should just be like Europe and pay servers a normal wage (all over the US) and get over the practice all together.

10% is the absolute lowest you should go. If the service is terrible, then don’t tip at all.

I leave 5 dollars regardless of a 5 dollar check or a 100 dollar check

Yeah. It kinda is. I wouldn't do it, but I also think that chick shouldn't be reprimanding a customer for their tip either.

The size of the check has little to do with the amount of work done. If that was 2 bottles of wine and an appetizer you don't get $50 for a cumulative 5 minutes of walking to the table.

yes. stop being a peasant and go atleast 10% (in Australia atleast because the minimum wages here is alot higher than america but when i was in america i tipped 20% as a rule of thumb).

Tips should be built into the price of things but also determined by time and amount of people.

If two people get $70 steaks, expensive wine or whiskey and don't stay too long the waiter hardly did anything and the table wasn't held for too long allowing more customers per hour. Why should they tip based on total? Just because the waiter carried expensive things? I mean hypothetically you could have 2 people spend 2x what a big family group spends and be there half the time. The two people shouldn't have to tip more because they bought expensive items.

Btw I usually tip well. Just think it's a stupid system.

I don’t ever really think of it in percent terms. 15 bucks is plenty for 45 minutes of checking in on you once in a while.

If that image is real then she’s an entitled bitch

For fucks sake of course 8% is way too low. If you're too cheap to tip properly cook your own damn food.

I don’t ever really think of it in percent terms. 15 bucks is plenty for 45 minutes of checking in on you once in a while.

If that image is real then she’s an entitled bitch
this is how I feel to. $15 is still $15 fucking dollars. Unless that table was there for 3 hours and needed constant attention, get over it.

my first job I ever had was a food server and I would have been thrilled with $15. how big the total bill was or what percentage it worked out to wouldn't matter to me in the least. they still were kind enough to give me $15 they didn't HAVE to...

chick that posted this should lose her job

In this scenario it's too high. She sounds like an entitled, unappreciative, bitch.

Sometimes I wish we didn't have a tipping culture in the U.S. it leads to this sense of entitlement on the server's part and sometimes awkward obligation on the patron's part.

Yes, one should tip at least 15% but that's a courtesy... there are some people would wouldn't tip her at all.

Even then, who's to say she just didn't do a lousy job? Some people believe in tipping well no matter what. Listen, if my server sucks I'm gonna gradually drop the percentage.

I wouldn’t tip any lower than $5 which is more than 20% when I’m put by myself.

In this scenario it's too high. She sounds like an entitled, unappreciative, bitch.

Sometimes I wish we didn't have a tipping culture in the U.S. it leads to this sense of entitlement on the server's part and sometimes awkward obligation on the patron's part.

Yes, one should tip at least 15% but that's a courtesy... there are some people would wouldn't tip her at all.

Even then, who's to say she just didn't do a lousy job? Some people believe in tipping well no matter what. Listen, if my server sucks I'm gonna gradually drop the percentage.

They seem to think she did a good job.

Tipping is a stupid system that needs to be abolished.

Back