Do you side with euthanasia?

That's suicide, wtf! Wouldn't be better having some medical help? Oh and there's people out there, that are so bad they can only move their eyes, and want it to be over.

Euthanasia is suicide. If it's being done with consent then it's suicide. If it's being done without consent then it's murder or manslaughter.

My personal opinion is that if you want to end your life then it's up to you to do it. That involving 3rd parties makes the whole thing way too nebulous to me. If you're concerned about not being able to perform then get a living will to cover that potential circumstance. Then you at least put a legal document forward.

Do you consider this life with the same rights as an actual living human?

6a0133f23f5501970b013485a6741f970c-pi

if you want to be honest about this (and I'm pro-choice)you should at least put a picture up of a 10 week old fetus and not a 1 day old.

Even though it's not acknowledged as and official practice, it is done in the US. My father died of ALS officially, but in reality it was an intentional OD by the doc. When my father got to the point that he was slowly suffocating because his lungs became too weak to provide enough oxygen, they pumped morphine into his vein until he passed with a little smile on his face.

I believe that has more of a right to not be killed than the adult human has the right to not be inconvenienced for a few months.

I forgot you stop giving a shit about the child after it's born. We're talking about providing a living creature with a quality life for at least 18 years. Do you seriously think a 15 year high-school girl should keep her baby from her 16 year old boyfriend? What type of quality of life is that? What about a rape victim? Should we inconvenience her?

week 11 is my stance (development of nervous system afaik)

That's fair. I'm pro-abortion up to a certain point. Once it's an actual developed baby in the stomach, then it's too late. Before then, I think it's fair game.

if you want to be honest about this (and I'm pro-choice)you should at least put a picture up of a 10 week old fetus and not a 1 day old.

I think after a certain point you should just keep the thing. I think a woman should have a certain amount of time to correct the pregnancy before it's developed into a child. This picture reflects what "life begins at conception" believers want to protect.

Even though it's not acknowledged as and official practice, it is done in the US. My father died of ALS officially, but in reality it was an intentional OD by the doc. When he got to the point that he was slowly suffocating because his lungs became too weak to provide enough oxygen, they pumped morphine into his vein until he passed with a little smile on his face.

This is done by doctors in all countries. Euthanasia, on the other hand, is an unnecessary burden on the medical staff which makes them seem like butchers to the public.

Even though it's not acknowledged as and official practice, it is done in the US. My father died of ALS officially, but in reality it was an intentional OD by the doc. When my father got to the point that he was slowly suffocating because his lungs became too weak to provide enough oxygen, they pumped morphine into his vein until he passed with a little smile on his face.

sorry to hear about that brother. I'm glad that they were able to do atleast that for him.

my Grandma had a DNR, had a stroke, they just basically quit giving her food and water until she died.that ain't the way to go

Yeah. Just gave a speech on this too. There are a number of very good reasons to allow terminally ill people to go out on their own terms, and the arguments against it are either pathetically weak or religious.

I'm very uncomfortable with this subject. I read the other day about that paralympic athlete that is considering euthanasia after Rio, fuck, that was difficult to read. I understand her reasons and I believe she has the right to do that but I'll never be blasé about this like some people are.

Could you imagine being in intense pain everyday to the point even drugs like morphine have little effect, but you cannot end it because some silly people have a weird outlook on life. They think any type of life is better than death.

However, most pro-life simpletons will gladly put their dog down if it's old, diseased and in constant pain and call it "humane" lol

I'm very uncomfortable with this subject. I read the other day about that paralympic athlete that is considering euthanasia after Rio, fuck, that was difficult to read. I understand her reasons and I believe she has the right to do that but I'll never be blasé about this like some people are.

Marieke Vervoort from Belgium. She has an incurable degenerative spinal disease. I can't seem to find which one exactly, but it's supposedly very painful. This is one of those cases I was talking about. She's in a legal euthanasia country and she's always in pain. There's no cure, and she's suffering.

Should we let her die if that's what she wants? Or should we force her to hold out longer?

See, this is a weird line of thinking. It's purely emotion-based btw. Someone is in intense pain day-to-day and there is no cure. Death is actually a welcomed relief. It's inevitable for one thing and is definitely a better choice over living an empty life filled with unnecessary pain and distress.

I don't know if it's religion, child-like immaturity or both that make so many people view death as this huge boogeyman that should be avoided at all costs.

Marieke Vervoort from Belgium. She has an incurable degenerative spinal disease. I can't seem to find which one exactly, but it's supposedly very painful. This is one of those cases I was talking about. She's in a legal euthanasia country and she's always in pain. There's no cure, and she's suffering.

Should we let her die if that's what she wants? Or should we force her to hold out longer?
Yes, her. I couldn't remember her name. It's a terrible situation she's living and it will only get worse. I wish there was something that could be done to help her get better but there isn't.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ieke-Vervoort-euthanasia-Rio-last-competition

See, this is a weird line of thinking. It's purely emotion-based btw. Someone is in intense pain day-to-day and there is no cure. Death is actually a welcomed relief. It's inevitable for one thing and is definitely a better choice over living an empty life filled with unnecessary pain and distress.

I don't know if it's religion, child-like immaturity or both that make so many people view death as this huge boogeyman that should be avoided at all costs.
How is it weird to feel sorry for someone that's in so much pain and suffering that they prefer to die? That's very human reaction and of course it's 100% emotional, what else would it be? Euthanasia is incredibly sad! It's not like taking an aspirin to help with your headache! You're the type of people I was referring, acting casual like this is nothing. smh

Oh lol it's immature to want to live yep sure. :rolleyes: You sound depressed tbh

I side with self applied euthanasia. I don't side with assisted euthanasia.

So you support the legalization of the euthanasia chemical agents for consumer purchase, then?

Otherwise, it's not equivalent for people who want to die with dignity, without suffering, and without undue burden on their loved ones.

of course i side with euthanasia. Pretty messed up to force someone to live

The question lacks specifics. What exactly is meant by "do you side with"?

Should it be legal? Is it moral? Do you condone it? Is it passive or active?

Back