Do you side with euthanasia?

slivercord

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I do, some countries allow it, but of course only for people terminal I'll, who are in alot of pain, but how about people with alzheimer ? Or parkison, if their still funcional and choose not to live anymore, not allowing the disease to take control. That's a though one to judge.

I support it. One of your most basic rights should be the right to die. Obviously the situation can complicate itself based on a lot of different factors.

Yes, but the religious nuts won't allow it.

Yes, but there would have to be some kind of clause about getting your affairs in order first if you have people dependent on you. Like if you have three young kids and you're the breadwinner, you'd need to go to counseling and shit first. Hopefully they'd convince you to just down a bunch of happy pills so you can keep going to work until your kids are older. Then you can off yourself.

Yes , common sense imo

I think any rational adult should believe in euthanasia. It's an absolutely horrible decision to have to make, but end of life care can be absolutely horrible for the patient. Dying isn't always a pleasant closing of the eyes. Some people can drag on the for months in absolute terrible conditions before passing. People deserve dignity in death.

Of course, the problem with euthanasia lies in where we draw the line. I don't think anyone would judge a 96 year old terminal cancer patient who's just suffering in extreme pain for going through with euthanasia. What about a 96 year old without a terminal illness, but is just miserable and broken? What about a 50 year old? What about a depressed 80 year old? What about a depressed 35 year old? What is acceptable and what isn't?

You only live one life. I think anyone who is diagnosed with something that will absolutely ruin their quality of life should have the ability to end things. When it comes to mental illnesses, I'm not so sure. I don't know if we should help depressed people kill themselves because they are sad when there is a chance to help them.

It's a tricky argument that I guess can't be answered in a Sherdog post.

I think any rational adult should believe in euthanasia. It's an absolutely horrible decision to have to make, but end of life care can be absolutely horrible for the patient. Dying isn't always a pleasant closing of the eyes. Some people can drag on the for months in absolute terrible conditions before passing. People deserve dignity in death.

Of course, the problem with euthanasia lies in where we draw the line. I don't think anyone would judge a 96 year old terminal cancer patient who's just suffering in extreme pain for going through with euthanasia. What about a 96 year old without a terminal illness, but is just miserable and broken? What about a 50 year old? What about a depressed 80 year old? What about a depressed 35 year old? What is acceptable and what isn't?

You only live one life. I think anyone who is diagnosed with something that will absolutely ruin their quality of life should have the ability to end things. When it comes to mental illnesses, I'm not so sure. I don't know if we should help depressed people kill themselves because they are sad when there is a chance to help them.

It's a tricky argument that I guess can't be answered in a Sherdog post.
I agree very though topic, your right about people with depression, it's very complex, but until more thoughts are put in discussion, we should at least be able to help terminal I'll people, a painless death.

Your body your choice
Think of all the horrific suffering an end stage Nickelback fan could avoid

After 43 years of life, I've become a big supporter of proactive euthanasia. So many people simply don't realize how badly they need to be put down. For themselves and those around them dealing with them.

I agree very though topic, your right about people with depression, it's very complex, but until more thoughts are put in discussion, we should at least be able to help terminal I'll people, a painless death.

I doubt we'll have a serious conversation about it as long as there are people who are pro-life regardless of the circumstances. The same people who think life begins at conception are the same people who refuse to let a dying man go out with dignity.

Im pro life (if the baby is considered a human you cant remove that right to live)

but im pro euthanasia. (right to die)((so long as there arent reasonable obligations to uphold))

And pro death penalty. (evil has penalty of death)

Im pro life (if the baby is considered a human you cant remove that right to live)

but im pro euthanasia. (right to die)((so long as there arent reasonable obligations to uphold))

And pro death penalty. (evil has penalty of death)

Do you consider this life with the same rights as an actual living human?

6a0133f23f5501970b013485a6741f970c-pi

I side with self applied euthanasia. I don't side with assisted euthanasia.

I side with self applied euthanasia. I don't side with assisted euthanasia.
That's suicide, wtf! Wouldn't be better having some medical help? Oh and there's people out there, that are so bad they can only move their eyes, and want it to be over.

I support it as long as you're willing to give up your life insurance benefits

Do you consider this life with the same rights as an actual living human?

6a0133f23f5501970b013485a6741f970c-pi

I believe that has more of a right to not be killed than the adult human has the right to not be inconvenienced for a few months.

No. The slippery slope on that one has already proved itself all too real.

Even if it wasn't, murder is not good for anyone.

Back