Do you see Khabib wearing out Tony?

Its not a cardio thing, its lactic acid buildup from constantly trying to get up, either try to get up or get smashed on the ground, pick one. Khabib's ability to squezze his muscles for such a long time while wrestling is more impressive than Tony's striking cardio, you dont train, i can tell, you'll be suprised... And il be there to tell you, told you so
<Fedor23>

I do not have a crystal ball, but you may be right.

Doctors stoppage? I'm intrigued please go on
I figure no way tony is gonna get subbed. And khabib is not stopping him standing.

However, Khabib's g-n-p is brutal and deep cut or closed eye is something very possible.

So we all know khabibs game is to wear down his opponent through manhandle grappling.

Tony is well known for endless cardio. But the question is not can khabib outlast Tony's cardio.

Its whether khabib can lay a beating that drains Tony. Imo cardio is a necessary factor to be the highest level. However I am also aware of the fact that cardio can be beat out of anyone.

I predict khabib does exactly that. He doesn't outlast the cardio. He takes it away with a demoralizing beatdown.

Thoughts?
Lol no...quite the opposite

Get this absolute garbage out of my thread. We are having a serious discussion on actual mma.
<3><DisgustingHHH>

Cute that you think this is the first time this discussion takes place.
You’re probably number 4 this week.

Mystic Mac predicts the fight is not gonna happen and instead we get the most anticipated rematch in the history Conor 2.0 vs Khabib Part II

I don’t see that AT ALL.

Khabib will tire because he has more muscle and his own strength will burn him out against Tony.

I think it’s crazy to think that Khabib will just ground him for 5 rounds.

Tony will make him work for everything. Conor survived up until a point. Look how he defended that first takedown before he went down. Look at how he stuffed Khabib.
you're being willfully ignorant or foolish.

Well, Leon Edwards looked better and was far more effective as he shut down cowboy in a 5 round fight.
<Fedor23>
See where I'm going?
No i dont, mcgregor finished cowboy in under a minute, actually rocked him with a head kick which is supposed to be cowboy's best asset. Straight up bullied him.

People are in for a shock if they think Khabib is gonna do Tony like he did Barboza.

Can you seriously imagine Tony getting demoralised and squashed like that? No fucking way.

Tony’s cardio is superior. No doubt in my head. If anyone is gassing, it’s Khabib. He’ll get heavy. And when sweat and blood get thrown into the mix, Khabib won’t like it.

Actually I think it will be pretty much Barboza fight. You guys are making out of 38 years old injury prone fighter some kind of a savior.

Yes, I do think Khabib has a good chance of breaking Ferguson. Ferguson has had a lot of favorable stylistic match-ups, RDA? Lee? Barboza? Pettis? Cerrone? and Vannata?

I expect a normal khabib performance, td, wear down, smash, win.

That's funny because I expect a normal Tony performance. Put on relentless pressure, mess up his opponent's face, make him quit on the stool / submit him.

Well Poirer also has great Cardio and look what Khabib did to him. There is nothing more tiring then having an opponent lean on you in a fight. It drains energy fast. Our bodies aint built to carry peoples weight. No matter how good your cardio is having someone lean on you will tire you out regardless. I think khabib will do it besides Tony aint faced a wrestler as good as Khabib

So we all know khabibs game is to wear down his opponent through manhandle grappling.

Tony is well known for endless cardio. But the question is not can khabib outlast Tony's cardio.

Its whether khabib can lay a beating that drains Tony. Imo cardio is a necessary factor to be the highest level. However I am also aware of the fact that cardio can be beat out of anyone.

I predict khabib does exactly that. He doesn't outlast the cardio. He takes it away with a demoralizing beatdown.

Thoughts?
Tony doesn’t have endless cardio. The fact is he has only been 5 rounds twice in his career and one was 10 years ago and the other 4. Khabib does a 5 round beating on a higher ranked fighter than Tony has ever fought and then jumps the cage to start another fight with a fighter 2 weight classes above him. Khabib has the cardio , skill and will to win . Tony doesn’t even show. He doesn’t want any, trust me.

Iaquinta was able to fend him off for 5 rds. He didnt get broken...Its possible. This fight will be way different tho. I think khabib will try harder for the finish.
Al lost every round , so will Tony and it won’t be close.

Al lost every round , so will Tony and it won’t be close.
I didnt say he didnt lose every round. I am just saying that no matter how bad it got,he kept fighting back.
He didnt quit and let Khabib choke him.

That's funny because I expect a normal Tony performance. Put on relentless pressure, mess up his opponent's face, make him quit on the stool / submit him.
That's possible sure. I just see a lot more of Tony's fights going the opponents way than I do khabibs opponents going their way. Tony is not a great tdd guy, and relies on his BJJ and scrambles. Just cant see it going well for him after rewatching the lee fight. While tony did well on def from his back, khabib uses different positions and has way better tip game than lee. U never see khabib in mount hardly or in guard. He is always improving position, and rarely taking un necessary risks.

Back