Do you see Khabib wearing out Tony?

Tony won't tire in a fatigue sense but damage will affect anyone. You can only take so much gnp. The fight is in NYC though, and they still don't like the UFC, so if they can, they will find a way to end the fight early via cut.

Mcgregor is the best striker in the UFC, the only thing that showed us is that a tired mcgregor can still outstrike and relatively fresh khabib, means absolutley fuck all cuz he got choked in the next round... There's a lot of dummies here that have never stepped on a mat in their life, let alone have any type of wrestling experiance, trust me, Tony's cardio is great but he's still human and he has never wrestled for more than a round in the UFC, we'll see how that cardio holds up when he's wrestling khabib.

Barboza got wrestlefucked, right? How did his cardio hold up?

Mcgregor is the best striker in the UFC, the only thing that showed us is that a tired mcgregor can still outstrike and relatively fresh khabib, means absolutley fuck all cuz he got choked in the next round... There's a lot of dummies here that have never stepped on a mat in their life, let alone have any type of wrestling experiance, trust me, Tony's cardio is great but he's still human and he has never wrestled for more than a round in the UFC, we'll see how that cardio holds up when he's wrestling khabib.
Is he the best striker in the UFC? I'm not even sure he's the best striker @ WW.

With folks like Wonderboy, yair, KZ, and Izzy it is quite the claim that Conor is the best. Not saying he isn't either mind you. But that topic is up for debate for sure.

As for the rest of your point I concur.

Barboza got wrestlefucked, right? How did his cardio hold up?
Pretty shit tbh, he was backing up the whole fight, the punches he was throwing from the third onwards had nothing on theme, even his wheelkicks couldn't ko khabib

Pretty shit tbh, he was backing up the whole fight, the punches he was throwing from the third onwards had nothing on theme, even his wheelkicks couldn't ko khabib
Iirc his kick hit khabib in the arm or he blocked the kick w the arm but yeah,he didn't have etim esque pep on it. Still. You dont wanna eat any of those.

Is he the best striker in the UFC? I'm not even sure he's the best striker @ WW.

With folks like Wonderboy, yair, KZ, and Izzy it is quite the claim that Conor is the best. Not saying he isn't either mind you. But that topic is up for debate for sure.

As for the rest of your point I concur.
He just tko'd cowby in under a minute, who tf has done that to cowboy before, even masvidal took 2 rounds to get the job done.

Yeah, so is Tony gonna look like Barboza? Ask yourself if you can picture Tony looking like Barboza after getting wrestlefucked, and what happened to him was one of the worst case scenarios, and he was mentally broken.

Will Tony’s cardio get depleted down to the same level as Barboza’s? Cause that’s a big drain when Tony’s tank has a freaky level of gas.

Yeah, so is Tony gonna look like Barboza? Ask yourself if you can picture Tony looking like Barboza after getting wrestlefucked, and what happened to him was one of the worst case scenarios, and he was mentally broken.
I can't but that dont mean it wont happen anyway.

I dont' see Tony getting *tired*. I can see him getting maybe trapped on the ground in a Khabib-preferred position.

But this is, without doubt I would think, the most dedicated and serious opponent Khabib has yet faced, with phenomenal cardio, massive pressure stand-up, legit black-belt BJJ, very comfortable standing or on the ground, doesn't get tired, doesn't care about blood or some injury, will not quit, is fairly weird -- and all the better for that... It COULD be a Fight for the Ages. - I think we are due one.

I can see Tony getting close to subbing Khabib in this, and Khabib JUST escaping. It could be a bloody contest and whatever happens...I hope it ACTUALLY happens and it's a phenomenal war.

He just tko'd cowby in under a minute, who tf has done that to cowboy before, even masvidal took 2 rounds to get the job done.
I'm sorry but best striker in the UFC can not be based off of a win over Ceronne.

Gonna take a hell of a lot to crush Tony’s spirit.... more than a bit of wrestling and some ground and pound.
If the FBI couldn't do it, Nurmy won't.

No, but I see him doing some damage and enough damage to get a doctor's stoppage.

I just think if a mentally broken wrestle-fucked Barboza can get back on his feet, survive and find it within his body to throw wheel kicks, then Tony is gonna be levels above that, surely? Provided he does survive — which is more than likely.

Will Tony’s cardio get depleted down to the same level as Barboza’s? Cause that’s a big drain when Tony’s tank has a freaky level of gas.
Its not a cardio thing, its lactic acid buildup from constantly trying to get up, either try to get up or get smashed on the ground, pick one. Khabib's ability to squezze his muscles for such a long time while wrestling is more impressive than Tony's striking cardio, you dont train, i can tell, you'll be suprised... And il be there to tell you, told you so
<Fedor23>

I don’t see that AT ALL.

Khabib will tire because he has more muscle and his own strength will burn him out against Tony.

I think it’s crazy to think that Khabib will just ground him for 5 rounds.

Tony will make him work for everything. Conor survived up until a point. Look how he defended that first takedown before he went down. Look at how he stuffed Khabib.

Khabib 1,2 and 3

Khabib wins convincingly but I don't see Cucuy breaking or being drained. He'll be in the fight for as long as it lasts.

Back