Do you see Khabib wearing out Tony?

Is sherdog really this retarded? If khabib gets tony in the same positions that he got dustin and mcgregor, he's gonna tire him out, this isnt even a question , its like asking if francis nagnnou can ko stipe if stipe stands there and takes it on the chin...

I remember Tony's coaches saying the reason Khabib's opponents lose is because they try and avoid being taken down. Be interesting to see if Tony tries to scramble or just accepts the take-down, might be bit of a mind fuck for Khabib also

Nah I don't see it, it's typically his opponents that slow down regardless of how dominant they are early. If Tony is smart he'll make Khabib do as much work as possible, both on the feet and the ground as well. Slice Khabib open with some elbows, put him in some bad positions. I'm hoping for an instant classic.

Tony is legit batshit crazy. That's gonna be his xfactor always

He wont be intimidated,cos hes too insane to be intimidated

Wearing him out like a used shoe.

But to be honest tony knows he has to take Khabib deep and not get worn out but Khabib suffocating style and I am sure he’s preparing for it everyday

I didn't look at it that way at all. He fought tooth and nail to survive on the ground. We see most guys look like their about to die but al didnt quit.

However if khabib had prepared for him specfically it prob would have went worse for him.
@ the 1:30 mark he eludes to what I'm talking about. He states people thought he had only 1 chance to win. After the 2nd rnd he got into that mindset as well.

Not giving up doesn't mean you weren't broken.

However not giving up is admirable.

People are in for a shock if they think Khabib is gonna do Tony like he did Barboza.

Can you seriously imagine Tony getting demoralised and squashed like that? No fucking way.

Tony’s cardio is superior. No doubt in my head. If anyone is gassing, it’s Khabib. He’ll get heavy. And when sweat and blood get thrown into the mix, Khabib won’t like it.
Not squashed. But controlled.

Khabib isn't daft. IMO he'll try to do what Chiesa did to RDA for 12 minutes, not what Khabib did to Conor, rounds 2 and 4. If a choke presents itself, all the better.

Still, that'll be tiring for Khabib. Even if he exerts less energy than usual, he still runs a major risk of gassing before Tony.

Then again, he lands takedowns gassed. And it'll also be tiring for Tony.

It's good shit and I look forward to it.

So we all know khabibs game is to wear down his opponent through manhandle grappling.

Tony is well known for endless cardio. But the question is not can khabib outlast Tony's cardio.

Its whether khabib can lay a beating that drains Tony. Imo cardio is a necessary factor to be the highest level. However I am also aware of the fact that cardio can be beat out of anyone.

I predict khabib does exactly that. He doesn't outlast the cardio. He takes it away with a demoralizing beatdown.

Thoughts?
That is one of the many intriguing points of this fight.
Can Khabib tire Tony?
Can Tony submit Khabib from the bottom?
Can Khabib take a round off standing, like he did against Conor?

Is sherdog really this retarded? If khabib gets tony in the same positions that he got dustin and mcgregor, he's gonna tire him out, this isnt even a question , its like asking if francis nagnnou can ko stipe if stipe stands there and takes it on the chin...

Conor still had enough gas in the tank to steal a round from Khabib, and his cardio is so many levels below Tony.

He needs to do more than what he did to McGregor if he wants to drain Tony’s cardio to the point where he looks like a sleepy McGregor.

Has to be one hell of a beatdown/control to deplete Tony’s tank. All I’m saying.

you could be right. The 1st rnd could be hard to ground Tony. But comparing how conor stuffed the 1st takedown to deciding a whole fight with tony off of that is a bit short sighted no?

its really interesting what crushing a person's spirits can do to cardio. That's a fact btw.
Adrenaline dump is very real. When one feels the despair closing in it is nearly impossible to keep that adrenaline dump at bay.

I see Tony wearing out Khabib.

Yes, I think Khabib is unbeatable at 155. I don't see Khabib losing unless he goes up to 170. Khabib is basically the Lightweight Jon Jones.

Conor still had enough gas in the tank to steal a round from Khabib, and his cardio is so many levels below Tony.

He needs to do more than what he did to McGregor if he wants to drain Tony’s cardio to the point where he looks like a sleepy McGregor.
Missing a major factor here bud.

Khabib grounded and then hulk smashed for 1.5 minutes at the end of rnd 2.

He made a point there to conor. And then needed rnd 3 to recover. Which conor Barely won.

Khabib doesn't have hate for Tony. He has competitive nature with Tony. The same blow the tank offense khabib used on conor wont be prevalent with the tony fight.

Khabibs fight IQ is much higher than you are considering.

Has to be one hell of a beatdown/control to deplete Tony’s tank. All I’m saying.
He didnt steal shit. Khabib took the round off to shore up his kamehameha sambo attack in rd 4

He made a point there to conor. And then needed rnd 3 to recover. Which conor Barley won.

Khabib doesn't have hate for Tony. He has competitive nature with Tony. The same blow the tank offense khabib used on conor wont be prevalent with the tony fight.

Very good point, but Tony does seem to irritate Khabib somewhat.

He made a point there to conor. And then needed rnd 3 to recover. Which conor Barley won.

He was too cool for school in the porier fight.
Ready for freddy. Fair to Flair.

<20>

Mcgregor is the best striker in the UFC, the only thing that showed us is that a tired mcgregor can still outstrike and relatively fresh khabib, means absolutley fuck all cuz he got choked in the next round... There's a lot of dummies here that have never stepped on a mat in their life, let alone have any type of wrestling experiance, trust me, Tony's cardio is great but he's still human and he has never wrestled for more than a round in the UFC, we'll see how that cardio holds up when he's wrestling khabib.

Tony’s camp is lit so no there’s no way Khabib wins this.

Tony’s camp is lit so no there’s no way Khabib wins this.

Get this absolute garbage out of my thread. We are having a serious discussion on actual mma.
<3><DisgustingHHH>

I think Tony has the best cardio around..but I also think it wont matter because khabib on top drains it from anyone. Tony will get tired if khabib can use his normal method. I think he can after seeing lee mount Tony in the 1st of their fight with little issue. Khabib wont go for full mount, but he will keep dominant position and wear Tony down. In the 3rd khabib will rest some for the champ rounds. That will be Tony's best shot. I've seen tony bloody up lots of guys. I have not seen khabib bloodied up, cut , wobbled or anything ....ever. I dont expect to see it in this fight either. I expect a normal khabib performance, td, wear down, smash, win.

Back