Do you see Khabib wearing out Tony?

Wizzlebiz

Wizzlebiz is the Wizziest
@Silver
Reaction score
So we all know khabibs game is to wear down his opponent through manhandle grappling.

Tony is well known for endless cardio. But the question is not can khabib outlast Tony's cardio.

Its whether khabib can lay a beating that drains Tony. Imo cardio is a necessary factor to be the highest level. However I am also aware of the fact that cardio can be beat out of anyone.

I predict khabib does exactly that. He doesn't outlast the cardio. He takes it away with a demoralizing beatdown.

Thoughts?

I agree, that's the million dollar question.

But I thought we all knew this months ago...?

I don’t see that AT ALL.

Khabib will tire because he has more muscle and his own strength will burn him out against Tony.

I think it’s crazy to think that Khabib will just ground him for 5 rounds.

Tony will make him work for everything. Conor survived up until a point. Look how he defended that first takedown before he went down. Look at how he stuffed Khabib.

Khabib vs tony is overrated MMA, no one wants to watch it

Mas vs Conor is HARDCORE MMA

I think Khabib wins relatively decisively but I still think it'd be the other way around in terms of cardio

Tony's only fought into the 5th round one time but even from his last few fights, it seems like the first round is wear he warms up & then round 2 he really applies the pressure.

If a miracle happens and Tony can keep the last 3 rounds standing, I think it'd leave only one of the fighters in an uncomfortable situation, and it wouldn't be Tony.

People are in for a shock if they think Khabib is gonna do Tony like he did Barboza.

Can you seriously imagine Tony getting demoralised and squashed like that? No fucking way.

Tony’s cardio is superior. No doubt in my head. If anyone is gassing, it’s Khabib. He’ll get heavy. And when sweat and blood get thrown into the mix, Khabib won’t like it.

I don’t see that AT ALL.

Khabib will tire because he has more muscle and his own strength will burn him out against Tony.

I think it’s crazy to think that Khabib will just ground him for 5 rounds.

Tony will make him work for everything. Conor survived up until a point. Look how he defended that first takedown before he went down. Look at how he stuffed Khabib.
you could be right. The 1st rnd could be hard to ground Tony. But comparing how conor stuffed the 1st takedown to deciding a whole fight with tony off of that is a bit short sighted no?

People are in for a shock if they think Khabib is gonna do Tony like he did Barboza.

Can you seriously imagine Tony getting demoralised and squashed like that? No fucking way.

Tony’s cardio is superior. No doubt in my head. If anyone is gassing, it’s Khabib. He’ll get heavy. And when sweat and blood get thrown into the mix, Khabib won’t like it.
its really interesting what crushing a person's spirits can do to cardio. That's a fact btw.

No. Tony's going to be the biggest test Khabib will have had in his career, and it's not even close. While nobody's been able to figure out Khabib, the same can pretty much be said for Tony, and his loss to Johnson 8 years ago is water under the bridge at this point. His cardio, submission skills, and suffocating stand up game is honestly what makes this a bad match-up for Khabib. Not saying Khabib's going to lose, but he's going to have to have one hell of a game plan to beat a guy who isn't going to be terrified of going to the ground with him. Gassing him isn't a good strategy.

I think Khabib wins relatively decisively but I still think it'd be the other way around in terms of cardio

Tony's only fought into the 5th round one time but even from his last few fights, it seems like the first round is wear he warms up & then round 2 he really applies the pressure.

If a miracle happens and Tony can keep the last 3 rounds standing, I think it'd leave only one of the fighters in an uncomfortable situation, and it wouldn't be Tony.
That is correct. Tony does in fact seem to warm up after a couple rnds. But the question is can khabib break Tony's spirit in that time. If so we will see a tony who's cardio fades.

Iaquinta was able to fend him off for 5 rds. He didnt get broken...Its possible. This fight will be way different tho. I think khabib will try harder for the finish.

So we all know khabibs game is to wear down his opponent through manhandle grappling.

Tony is well known for endless cardio. But the question is not can khabib outlast Tony's cardio.

Its whether khabib can lay a beating that drains Tony. Imo cardio is a necessary factor to be the highest level. However I am also aware of the fact that cardio can be beat out of anyone.

I predict khabib does exactly that. He doesn't outlast the cardio. He takes it away with a demoralizing beatdown.

Thoughts?

definitely. Ferguson will break.

No. Tony's going to be the biggest test Khabib will have had in his career, and it's not even close. While nobody's been able to figure out Khabib, the same can pretty much be said for Tony, and his loss to Johnson 8 years ago is water under the bridge at this point. His cardio, submission skills, and suffocating stand up game is honestly what makes this a bad match-up for Khabib. Not saying Khabib's going to lose, but he's going to have to have one hell of a game plan to beat a guy who isn't going to be terrified of going to the ground with him. Gassing him isn't a good strategy.
It's basically what khabib does. Maybe gassing him isn't the proper words. Breaking his will is more what I'm after. If the will gets broken so does the cardio.

The issue is not cardio, is latic acid build up.

Iaquinta was able to fend him off for 5 rds. He didnt get broken...Its possible. This fight will be way different tho.
Raging al was definitely broken in that fight. To the point he was getting beat up on the feet because his will was so shattered by khabib.

He even said it after the fight.

Getting broken has many different faces my man.

you could be right. The 1st rnd could be hard to ground Tony. But comparing how conor stuffed the 1st takedown to deciding a whole fight with tony off of that is a bit short sighted no?

its really interesting what crushing a person's spirits can do to cardio. That's a fact btw.

Gonna take a hell of a lot to crush Tony’s spirit.... more than a bit of wrestling and some ground and pound. I think he’s mentally tougher... with just the right amount of crazy.

Gonna take a hell of a lot to crush Tony’s spirit.... more than a bit of wrestling and some ground and pound. I think he’s mentally tougher... with just the right amount of crazy.
I'm a huge khabib fan. But I hope your right. Because that man needs a real challenge imo.

Raging al was definitely broken in that fight. To the point he was getting beat up on the feet because his will was so shattered by khabib.

Getting broken has many different faces my man.
I didn't look at it that way at all. He fought tooth and nail to survive on the ground. We see most guys look like their about to die but al didnt quit.

However if khabib had prepared for him specfically it prob would have went worse for him.

It's crazy how many guys have that face against khabib where they are thinking about quitting.

Plus, the microchip in Tony’s leg transmits real-time fight data to his brain for detailed split-second analysis. The real MVP.

Back