Do you respect the specialty parking spots?

My high school lacrosse coach carried cones in his trunk so he could block off a space for his 300lb wife to park at so she didn't have to walk. SHE left HIM.

<36>

But how???

Ive never seen expectant mother or military spots in my life, never even knew they existed til this very moment
This world keeps changing in so many wild ways

Yeah the only "specialty" spots I've seen are handicapped. Speaking of which, I only park in the handicapped spots. But only when I'm drunk. Which is every time I drive. I figure that legally "impaired" is close enough to legally "handicapped"

The kid wins again

Yes, I'm not lazy. I'd rather park far and walk than park next to other people

Just fucking walk an extra 4 seconds holy fucking shit

I take extra time backing out if someone waits on my parking spot. I already park in open spots and if your too lazy to park 3 stalls down you deserve to wait with your blinker on like an idiot. Its always the people who need to walk that avoid it too.

Yeah. I'm rocking a dad bod but I'm not so fat and lazy that I can't walk some extra paces.

I'm happy if folks can just park straight and not crowd me. If the entire lot has spots available why are you parking right next to me anyway?

I never thought much about handicapped parking spots other than seeing they were often empty. Then I had my first knee replaced and couldn't walk very far for a while. I was given the paperwork to get the permit when I was discharged after the knee replacement. Then I had to go to the DMV to get the permit. I couldn't park in the handicap spots at the DMV because I didn't have the permit yet. Once I got the permit, I had to go to get my blood tested because they put you on blood thinners after the operation and they need to check to see if it's enough or too much. At the hospital/clinic, all of the handicap parking was full and so was most of the parking lot so I had to park about a block away and use the walker. Going to the grocery store, I found all of the normally empty handicap spots full so it was a long walk there too. I'm glad it was only a couple of weeks until the knee was good enough to walk without much pain.

So many people with handicap permits misuse them. I know couples who have them for one spouse or a parent and use the handicap spot when the handicapped person isn't with them.
Neighbor of mine does this. Had the city make a handicap specific parking lot in front of my home becuase he likes the view and doesn't want to park in front of his side obstructing it. Also his truck which he doesn't need (never seen him haul material, and is a boomer midget of 5'3 130lbs soaking wet). Anyhow it's public street parking but he's somehow let it go to his head where it's "his spot". IIRC he got it where he's got a hip issue that counts as being disabled?

He saw my bud pull up into that spot when dropping me off from the gym, and ran out to cuss him over "THAT'S MY SPOT BRO". My bud's got a handicapped sticker too, while I don't consider him handicapped imo. He'd got this thing called Chrone's disease where he shits randomly and like nobody's business. Anyhow it ended up neghbor being told it's public which he conveniently forgot and the entertainment went on for about 6min

Curbside pick up spots are the shit. I use them every time since nobody else around here does.

Handicap is srs tho. got a quadriplegic in the fam so fuck ppl abusing those spots.

Vets, meh I won't use em.

Expecting mothers can eat my ass.

People that park in van handicap spots that don't have a van is a pet peeve of mine. It's usually some fat fuck that has a handicapped sticker because he can't stop facing his face that parks in those van spots.

In Moscow around 15% of parking spots are for the disabled while only 4,5% of the population are disabled and much less of them have cars. Makes me fucking furious.

Does Russia still have a version of the SMZ Cyclecar?

I wonder what the parking is like at the Special Olympics? Do you think they just have those 2 spots with blue lines?

No. I'm not disabled or fat, or stupid and disrespectful so I don't park in handicap spaces.

I’m not gonna lie, I’ve parked in a handicap spot twice in my life…

<DCrying>

i'm intrigued by the expectant mothers, in the UK, its Parent & Child, and its a fucking nonsense, a wider parking spot even if your kid is 11 years old

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/...ld-parking-bays-the-law-and-who-can-use-them/

As kids get old enough they become responsible for opening their door, but they're learning so they might spang the car next bay over by accident.

Also have you tried getting a car seat into a car if there's only a foot space between the vehicles? Kids have to use these till their quiet old now. Also you have to be able to lean across them to do up the seat belt which necessitates having the door fully open.

It's really for everyone else's paint jobs that the parent and kids are separate.

First it was handicapped. No problem. Even though it seems like there's way too many and they're always empty and now it's just a bunch of fatties abusing what handicapped means.

then you had expectant mother slots. Sure. You're dealing with a lot.

Then it was veterans. Eh, ok. Sure. You gave time to the military, I'll walk an extra 10 feet for you.

Now it's curbside pickup. Hell no. I'm parking In Those spots 100% of the time.

UC Berkeley has a cool program for reserved sparking spots. If you are on faculty and win a Nobel Prize you get your own parking spot on campus right up next to the building you work in. Like total pimp parking.

As kids get old enough they become responsible for opening their door, but they're learning so they might spang the car next bay over by accident.

Also have you tried getting a car seat into a car if there's only a foot space between the vehicles? Kids have to use these till their quiet old now. Also you have to be able to lean across them to do up the seat belt which necessitates having the door fully open.

It's really for everyone else's paint jobs that the parent and kids are separate.
nah,its a nonsense, new mums get a pass, but not some weekend dad with two 10 year old twats.

First it was handicapped. No problem. Even though it seems like there's way too many and they're always empty and now it's just a bunch of fatties abusing what handicapped means.

then you had expectant mother slots. Sure. You're dealing with a lot.

Then it was veterans. Eh, ok. Sure. You gave time to the military, I'll walk an extra 10 feet for you.

Now it's curbside pickup. Hell no. I'm parking In Those spots 100% of the time.
I identify as a handicapped pregnant veteran, you racist.

People that park in van handicap spots that don't have a van is a pet peeve of mine. It's usually some fat fuck that has a handicapped sticker because he can't stop facing his face that parks in those van spots.

To be fair, we had a ramp van for him but its on the other side of the country now but when he visits we get him around in normal cars. Still helps to have the extra space.

Does Russia still have a version of the SMZ Cyclecar?
We had this
oka-11113.jpg

But I think the last one was produced 13 years ago. I do not know for sure whether the government provides disabled citizens with cars anymore. What I see in Moscow arr regular cars with the yellow disabled badge slapped on the rear window. Many of those are quite fancy cars too. But there are not a lot of them, disabled parking spots are empty most of the time.

Back