1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Do you respect the specialty parking spots?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Cherry Brigand, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Cherry Brigand We're gonna put some heat on 'em.

First it was handicapped. No problem. Even though it seems like there's way too many and they're always empty and now it's just a bunch of fatties abusing what handicapped means.

then you had expectant mother slots. Sure. You're dealing with a lot.

Then it was veterans. Eh, ok. Sure. You gave time to the military, I'll walk an extra 10 feet for you.

Now it's curbside pickup. Hell no. I'm parking In Those spots 100% of the time.

2. hohner Titanium Belt

3. IndyCovaHart Steel Belt

I call tow trucks on people like you.

4. heloder Purple Belt

I never understood why some people are so averse to walking. I know people who will literally drive around a parking lot for 5 minutes so they can park 50 feet closer to the doors. I'll park away from everybody and walk the extra 30 seconds.

5. Fedorgasm Gold Belt

Yup once I developed the beer belly I started parking far away on purpose just to get a few extra steps in.

It's great. Not only do I get a tiny bit of exercise, but it completely removes any stress about fighting for parking spots.

heloder likes this.
  6. Cole train Gold Belt

Yeah i respect them.

I thank god for them every time i park in them

7. TankAbbott4Eva Gold Belt

Yeah me too, I love the luxury of opening the door up fully to get out, plus to get the kid out the back it's even handier.

TTech, heloder and Tone C like this.
  8. TheTimeIsNotNow Silver Belt

It’s one of the key examples of the fat lazy brain rot that has completely taken over today’s society

9. Dontputyourmugonme Banned Banned

I'd rather park at the end of the lot where no one is so there's less of a chance of some moron opening their door into mine.

Legumes, spamking, eddymotto and 7 others like this.
  10. Tone C Gold Belt

This. Or considering the state of my old clunker , I'm not afraid of hitting someone's pride and joy...

Zinger likes this.
  11. Provocateur Red Belt

So you’re the asshole parked in my spot while I’m trying to pick up my order!?!?
    upload_2021-9-27_16-2-56.gif

spamking and Sleestaxk like this.
  12. GSP_37 Titanium Belt

This one place had nice wide stalls and suddenly they changed them to "reserved" which I realized too late and just left my car there like normal.

13. bubbleboyjones Belt Purple

My issue is the places that are just obnoxious with reserved parking to the point where you go there at night and none of them are being used and main parking lot is now far more crowded than it should be with people squeezed towards the back(since fewer people who use handicap spots are going there later). Some lots are too small to begin with.

TTech likes this.
  14. Dontputyourmugonme Banned Banned

I do miss having my old car sometimes, didn't give a shit about any of that lol. Although I respect other peoples shit and wouldn't hit their car.

TTech and Tone C like this.
  15. Corona GOAT

one of my old co workers was like this. Whenever we’d go get lunch I offered to drive to avoid that shit. They’d get road rage battling other people for a parking spot up front rather than just park two rows further lol.

TTech, Pliny Pete and heloder like this.
  16. djacobox372 Steel Belt

Handicap?: respect for sure
    Curbside pickup? respect, do you know how bad curbside pickup would be if the person bringing out the order had to walk all over a huge parking lot?
    Expected mother? I respect, but part of me thinks they should just get a handicap pass from their doctor. If I was a woman I'd probably not respect it, but I don't want to set off a Karen.
    Vet? Nope, not at all. I don't believe in giving special rights to soldiers--I typically only see this at business that cater to conservatives, it's virtue signaling to get more customers.
    Green / Electric vehicle (without a charge station)? No way, I actually go out of my way to park my gas guzzler in those spots. My 20+ yo 13mpg car pollutes less than people who buy a new tesla every 4 years.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    Moin, biscuitsbrah and JangoMike like this.
  17. Derousey Purple Belt

Curbside pick up spots are the shit. I use them every time since nobody else around here does.

Handicap is srs tho. got a quadriplegic in the fam so fuck ppl abusing those spots.

Vets, meh I won't use em.

Expecting mothers can eat my ass.

KBE6EKCTAH_CCP likes this.
  18. JangoMike Blue Belt

As a Combat Veteran i am 100% with you on this one. Companies like that are "doing something" without doing anything. Theres no real benifit to vets by letting them park close....other than the visual virtue signal...

However, if i find out a company gives heavily financial or product support to veterans charity/groups that actually help, i support that. Extra points if they do it quietly and not make a spectacle of themselves....

19. mb23100 Steel Belt

My high school lacrosse coach carried cones in his trunk so he could block off a space for his 300lb wife to park at so she didn't have to walk. SHE left HIM.

<36>

20. blaseblah Titanium Belt

I don't know what you're talking about. I haven't seen anything except the handicap parking spots.