Do you respect the specialty parking spots?

I love when I park far away and see the same person that was circling when I pulled into the lot still searching, while I'm already walking inside.
I like to mime a little one-on-one on a car waiting for a parking spot to vacate and act like I slammed their knees together on a juke. "Better luck next time, I'm fast af, boi."

There's also "Superhero" parking spots, for Vets and First Responders. Does this mean nurses, EMTs, Cops and Firemen can use those spots when doing personal shopping?

I don't try to find a parking spot close to a store / mall entrance because the adjacent spots are likely to be occupied. Having a crewcab pickup, it would be a huge PITA to pull into & out of a parking spot where the adjacent spots occupied. So I always go for paking that is towards the back of the parking lot .

I appreciate that Walmart has a spot reserved for my patrol car, since they call us all the damn time to deal with tweakers stealing shit.

I like to park way in the back of a parking lot away from other cars. It makes it easier to find my car and I don't mind the walk.

First it was handicapped. No problem. Even though it seems like there's way too many and they're always empty and now it's just a bunch of fatties abusing what handicapped means.

then you had expectant mother slots. Sure. You're dealing with a lot.

Then it was veterans. Eh, ok. Sure. You gave time to the military, I'll walk an extra 10 feet for you.

Now it's curbside pickup. Hell no. I'm parking In Those spots 100% of the time.
I use the clean air spots sometimes, but no others.

Yes, becuase I'm not that much of an asshole.

I never understood why some people are so averse to walking. I know people who will literally drive around a parking lot for 5 minutes so they can park 50 feet closer to the doors. I'll park away from everybody and walk the extra 30 seconds.
. Always park far away. I dont want dipshits hitting my vehicle with their car doors. Only handicapped should get a park space. Veterans hell no. I’m retired military, if you disabled from service then you park in the handicapped spot due to your disabilities. If not walk your ass like everyone else. Expecting mothers is the tricky one for me. After careful thought I’d say no. But there is a good argument for it.

First it was handicapped. No problem. Even though it seems like there's way too many and they're always empty and now it's just a bunch of fatties abusing what handicapped means.

then you had expectant mother slots. Sure. You're dealing with a lot.

Then it was veterans. Eh, ok. Sure. You gave time to the military, I'll walk an extra 10 feet for you.

Now it's curbside pickup. Hell no. I'm parking In Those spots 100% of the time.
Fuck you

I appreciate that Walmart has a spot reserved for my patrol car, since they call us all the damn time to deal with tweakers stealing shit.
I was not referring to use of preferred parking space for LEOs when they are responding to an issue at Walmart.

During busy times I would. If its late at night and there's a few free then I'm using them

I drive a nice car so I'll always park far and walk to avoid dumbasses who can't park and don't care about the piece of shit they drive.

nah,its a nonsense, new mums get a pass, but not some weekend dad with two 10 year old twats.

Indeed, if I were that person I would feel pretty shitty about that. I can't say I've seen such a case.

When I go to the Exchange at my local Air Force base, I park in the E-9 spots when the lot gets flooded. An E-9 should have the stroke and initiative to get that lot irrigated so the rest of us don't have to trudge through water. So, screw em'.

Handicap spots should just be called "senior citizen" spots nowadays, because literally every old person has the tag. No limp required.

And many of those 4.5% aren't even able to drive a car, which makes it even worse
And the ones that can drive a car shouldn’t be allowed to.

The one I refuse to accept is the special parking for “low emission vehicles”. Giving better spots to people that can afford a Prius vs a 2008 civic creates a privileged class of people. I’ll let it go when it’s an electric charging spot but the ones that are just better spots, I park my Ram 3500 mega cab 4x4 high output Cummins diesel and head into the building like
<MikeP1>

I wonder what the parking is like at the Special Olympics? Do you think they just have those 2 spots with blue lines?

There should be some consideration on what the building is used for as to how many handicap spots are required. Medical facilities need many more than a fitness center. There is no limit to the number that can be designated, only a minimum number are required.

Back