Do you really think Ank beats Pereira?

The thing people are forgetting is ank promised Dana he wouldn’t shoot a single takedown in this fight and tried his best to make it exciting. Rakic was the only one avoiding a fight

He got hit a lot this weekend and Rakic was moving backward for him. If Rakic can get through that often so can Pereira. Pereira will not be moving backwards for him either. I think Pereira has a very good chance of adding him to his kill list.

He didn’t grapple at all. Tagged Rakic a few times with the straight left but neither guy was really in trouble or had big moments through out the 3 rounds.

This only confirms Ank is dumb enough to stand with Alex

Everyone loses eventually. Maybe Ank is the guy. Nobody thought Strickland or DDP were a serious threat to Adesanya. Or Weidman to Silva. Or Reyes to Jon Jones.

No one likes Ank, they only hate Pereira. I hope Pereira would win, but I know his wrestling is weak so theres a chance for sure Ank could win that way. Honestly though if 5 years from now its just Dagestani vs Dafestani I would rather just watch robots fight.

No it's just what salty Alex haters say because he beat one of their favorites. Guy is nothing special

If you dive into Glover's and Plinio interviews, Alex is mostly training wrestling/ground.
And mixing it up with his striking to develop a comprehensive MMA approach regarding stance, guard, sprawls and such.
His striking doesn't need much training, just sharpening the knife before the fight.

I'm sure that Glover is improving his wrestling/TDD/ground game by leaps.

And Ank doesn't stand out for his explosiveness.

Before any wrestling takes place, he'd need to cut the distance.

Before any grappling takes place, he needs to cut the distance AND take down Pereira, who has one of the nastiest knees and elbows from the clinch.

I want this fight to take place, as I believe it's needed and long overdue.
But I can't see the threat.
All I see is easy work for Poatan.

If King Kong makes 205… Ankalaev would split decision him.
<KhabibBS>

I wasn't impressed. It was competitive. Ravic just didn't do enough. There were no big moments in the fight. Ank just did a little more.

I think Alex gets it done but it could be a close decision.

He better figure out a way to avoid leg kicks.

That said, he is well rounded, a very good counter-striker and has the offensive grappling ability. Out of all available LHW's, Ank has the best chance on paper.

Its all about mixing it up and engaging Pereira where he has shown weakness. I favor Ank in that fight but not by much.

And Jan controlled Pereira for 7 minutes of a three round fight.

So if Pereira hasn't gotten significantly better since then, why isn't Ankalaev good enough to ground him when he's by far a better grappler than Jan?
The question is will he? He's claiming he's going to stand with Pereira and made zero takedown attempts in his last fight. The doofus is doing his best to convince us Pereira will beat him.

I know Ankalaev has a sambo background, but not all sambo guys have outstanding wrestling. Outside of his fight in rounds 3-5 against Jan, I've never really been blown away with Ank's grappling to the point where I feel he could just walk in there and take down Pereira and control him. On the feet, I feel he is still a threat though and I don't think Pereira will just march up to him and left-hook-Larry his way to another title defense. I can actually see this fight going to decision, and I favor Pereira.

Back