Do you prefer Manual or Automatic cars?

I prefer manual as well. I will always have a car with 3 pedals in my stable. I know, I know, automatics are faster these days and have been well engineered to the point that the gas savings between the two are no longer an issue. But still, I love driving stick and the feeling of being in more control of the car.

No shit automatics are faster, there is still a demand for niche sports with a manual gearbox.
Some people still want to feel like they’re drive their car even if it’s slower than an automatic.

What do you want me to tell you dude? Why you even bothering me about this. No one wants a manual car.

Yeah but you’re one of the weirdest people on here so I’m not surprised at all. Manuals aren’t awesome that’s why no one buys them anymore. They’re dead. It would be like buying a VCR still.

Didn’t you sleep on the floor on a pile of used clothes for like a year?
Ok.

I bought a manual Jeep a few months ago and dealing with traffic, riding the clutch is a fucking bitch so I regret it a little even though I normally love manual trans. It all depends where you live and the traffic conditions.

Stop generalizing “ nobody wants a manual car”
When plenty car enthusiasts still do.

stick to your leased automatic luxury wannabe Stunna ride

It’s a dead technology that the majority hates. Most people have never sat inside a manual car in their lives. No one wants that shit. I’m glad a handful of “enthusiasts” enjoy it but no one else wants them.

What do you want me to tell you dude? Why you even bothering me about this. No one wants a manual car.
And yet used super cars that have manuals sell more than same car with automatic.

When it comes to used Ferrari, lambos, bmw-m and prosches, it's more expensive to get one with a manual.

And yet used super cars that have manuals sell more than same car with automatic.

When it comes to used Ferrari, lambos, bmw-m and prosches, it's more expensive to get one with a manual.

And yet no one wants them or looks to buy manual

Maybe next you can tell
Me how purists like VCRs

Manual here. All my cars have been.

Next car will probably be auto though , wife wants to relearn and she's used to being on the other side of the road so wants things as easy as possible.

Why put in all the work to beat a video game when you can just watch someone else beat it online?

Yup because that’s the same thing.

what a terrible example. You still drive an automatic car, you’re not watching someone else drive it. Come back with a better example. You can do better than that mate

I'm finally really learning to drive now, I past my theory test a few months back and got my provisional license too but then Covid hit and I couldn't get driving lessons up until now.
During that time in lockdown I was mostly just practising with my Dad's car, a manual one. Working the stick (lol!) can be frustrating enough between moving it, letting the clutch in/out, but after a few days I can feel it sort of seeping into my head now after practicing it again and again.

I don't know how my Dad was able to use a phone while driving stick growing up now, it's must be a dangerous form of magic to learn.

Anyway, as the title says, do sherdoggers prefer Manual or Automatic cars? I know in the USA it's apparently that 96% use automatic over there, whereas it's 90% manual over here.

for day-to-day traffic, an automatic for sure. for fun and no traffic, a manual. old manual cars are the funnest cars to drive. because they're built rough and not seamless, you feel every bump, and going even 30mph feels like an adventure. new manual cars basically feel like automatics.

Everyday car. Automatic.
Fun weekend type car. Manual

I wouldn’t want to do it every day but it’s a fun way to feel like you’re really in control of the car and it’s just cool. I could be running the gears in a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix and feel like Memphis Raines

I'm finally really learning to drive now, I past my theory test a few months back and got my provisional license too but then Covid hit and I couldn't get driving lessons up until now.
During that time in lockdown I was mostly just practising with my Dad's car, a manual one. Working the stick (lol!) can be frustrating enough between moving it, letting the clutch in/out, but after a few days I can feel it sort of seeping into my head now after practicing it again and again.

I don't know how my Dad was able to use a phone while driving stick growing up now, it's must be a dangerous form of magic to learn.

Anyway, as the title says, do sherdoggers prefer Manual or Automatic cars? I know in the USA it's apparently that 96% use automatic over there, whereas it's 90% manual over here.

Automatic for daily drivers. Manual for faster cars.

Back