Do you prefer Manual or Automatic cars?

Manual in cars (especially sports cars) automatic in vans and trucks is my preference.

Hate to say it being Brit, but auto. Traffic's a bitch with a clutch. But anyone who can't drive manual...fuck off.
i have both...after driving manual my whole life i've come to enjoy the ease of automatics...but manuals give a lot more control over the vehicle

Auto if you live in a city, no question.

Manual is fun but sucks balls when commuting.

I prefer manual as well. I will always have a car with 3 pedals in my stable. I know, I know, automatics are faster these days and have been well engineered to the point that the gas savings between the two are no longer an issue. But still, I love driving stick and the feeling of being in more control of the car.
Two identical cars, the automatic will never be “faster”.

The limiting factor here is THE DRIVER, the majority of people won’t be able to out drive the auto in the manual but some can.

As auto’s get better, it takes a better and better driver to pass the auto up. But they still will never be “faster” due to more parasitic drag and wasted HP.

For a fun car, it’s gotta have a stick in it for me.

For my daily truck, I’ll take the auto..

But there is something to be said for driving a stick EVERY DAY. I’m probably not as good as a stick driver as I was when I dailed a race car for years on end.

But I’m still better than most.

Yup because that’s the same thing.

what a terrible example. You still drive an automatic car, you’re not watching someone else drive it. Come back with a better example. You can do better than that mate
You only “steer” and automatic car, you don’t”Drive “ it like a manual.

You sound 15, and probably have zero experience racing.

Manual in traffic isn't difficult at all. It's like walking or riding a bicycle, once you've had (very little needed) practice It's like an extension of yourself and you forget you're even doing it. In fact using the gears as an added factor in controlling speed can be pretty useful in traffic.

The only auto I've driven was a Porsche 928 and although it was kind of a cute novelty to just forget about the gear lever for a bit even when stopping, I was amused how much more 'connected' (and in that sense, how much more 'fun') to the car I felt when I got back in my £500 heap-o-junk commuter with a manual...

You only “steer” and automatic car, you don’t”Drive “ it like a manual.

You sound 15, and probably have zero experience racing.

What a dumb comment. Yeah what everyone does everyday is just steering because you said so.

you’re right I don’t want to race. Zero interest in it.

What a dumb comment. Yeah what everyone does everyday is just steering because you said so.

you’re right I don’t want to race. Zero interest in it.
My house is littered with trophies from racing.

I know a few things about driving. And when you get in an automatic car, you are just steering. Along for the ride.

Don’t be a hater because you can’t bother yourself to put the time in to drive a stick.

You like steering auto’s. Great , don’t give a fuck. But don’t be a hater because there are those out there that can, and enjoy banging gears.

My house is littered with trophies from racing.

I know a few things about driving. And when you get in an automatic car, you are just steering. Along for the ride.

Don’t be a hater because you can’t bother yourself to put the time in to drive a stick.

You like steering auto’s. Great , don’t give a fuck. But don’t be a hater because there are those out there that can, and enjoy banging gears.

Who gives a shit about your trophies?

imagine swimming in the pool and you come along and say “dur thats not really swimming uNless youre in some serious swimming competition”

No one gives a shit.

Hate to say it being Brit, but auto. Traffic's a bitch with a clutch. But anyone who can't drive manual...fuck off.

This is true.

Much prefer the control of a manual transmission in general, but if you drive mainly in built up areas with a lot of traffic and intersections etc, it's just a pain in the ass.

It's the best anti-theft device there is lol. Valet drivers at my work aren't even required to be able to drive stick anymore. I had to move a truck for them once.

Just bought the first automatic i have ever had. Bought it for the wife and traveling.

I love manuals but now it's too much hard heavy work to change clutches.

I have always done all the work on my cars and bikes. The new one (SUV) has a maintenance plan and extended warranty. I still have my truck to work on and the bike but I'll have someone change the clutch I think.

It's the best anti-theft device there is lol. Valet drivers at my work aren't even required to be able to drive stick anymore. I had to move a truck for them once.

That and we can write in " code" (cursive) and the young can't read it.

Back