Do you prefer Manual or Automatic cars?

FléauDeDieu

Le Parrain
@Blue
Reaction score
I'm finally really learning to drive now, I past my theory test a few months back and got my provisional license too but then Covid hit and I couldn't get driving lessons up until now.
During that time in lockdown I was mostly just practising with my Dad's car, a manual one. Working the stick (lol!) can be frustrating enough between moving it, letting the clutch in/out, but after a few days I can feel it sort of seeping into my head now after practicing it again and again.

I don't know how my Dad was able to use a phone while driving stick growing up now, it's must be a dangerous form of magic to learn.

Anyway, as the title says, do sherdoggers prefer Manual or Automatic cars? I know in the USA it's apparently that 96% use automatic over there, whereas it's 90% manual over here.

Manual. Thats what I have now. I can talk on phone, text, roll a blunt, fuck... even jerk off while driving stick. Its easy as shit and just becomes second nature. The only time is somewhat sucks is stop and go traffic

One of my cars is 6 gear and in traffic a pain in the ass. It's a mean as fuck Mini Cooper S but I get cramp in my foot.

Manual
Although automatics are pretty nice these days

So just drive something you really enjoy

On the highway manual but on the streets automatic.

One of my cars is 6 gear and in traffic a pain in the ass. It's a mean as fuck Mini Cooper S but I get cramp in my foot.
I drove a manual mini in dc metro traffic 3+ hours a day until the engine blew.

I loved that car even though it was nothing but trouble.

I drove a manual mini in dc metro traffic 3+ hours a day until the engine blew.

I loved that car even though it was nothing but trouble.
In the US they're a pain in the ass to fix. Some guy tried ripping me off for an extra $400 for my clutch and it still cost $2000. I don't want to buy non American again.

me....

I like to have both. manuals are amazing unless you have a super heavy clutch and get caught in bumper to bumper traffic on an incline.

the way to go is both. have a fun pure driving experience manual, and a auto.

Yeah but you’re one of the weirdest people on here so I’m not surprised at all. Manuals aren’t awesome that’s why no one buys them anymore. They’re dead. It would be like buying a VCR still.

Didn’t you sleep on the floor on a pile of used clothes for like a year?

Rita-Hayworth-Orson-Welles-and-Marlene-Dietrich.jpg

I don't think I know anyone who drives an automatic. It really isn't much of a thing in the UK.

Back