Do you miss Tank Abbott?

Sometimes. He was fun. Those days are gone though for better or worse.

I remember him drunk posting some weird stuff on Sherdog back in the day, maybe in 2006 or so. It was taken down after a few hours, but it was jokes (I think) about him having some homosexual tendencies, but people have said his book had some gay undertones. I didn't read his book so I don't know, but I wouldn't want to be his cell mate either way.

huge fan of Tank. He was awesome to watch back in the day, he always went for the KO finish and his fights were always exciting

eh...

4joqoz.jpg

I have followed Tank since his first UFC showing and even met a friend of his from Hunnington Beach. The friend told me, that I've also heard many times in interviews, that a sober Tank is a really nice guy but sometimes when he is drinking he would look for people that he felt were bullies in bars and then "bully the bully". He also said, and I've heard this too, that Tank having a big criminal record is mainly fabrication, Tank has never done prison time. Awhile back some corrections officer tried to research his claimed criminal past, and all that was verified and found was one, old dui arrest.

I will say for anyone who has not seen it, the UFC dvd for "Ultimate Tank Abbott" is really funny, with Tank narrating and getting progressively drunker as it goes on.

I was always a tank fan. A few people have said that he's hard to listen to or is a bit of a dick when drinking, but to be fair, you can probably say that about a lot of people. But anyways, he was quite a character and I definitely enjoyed his fights and antics while he was around.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? A backyard fight required a judge's decision? That is not a match I wish to view.

It got pretty fucking boring.

Cool thing was that they used the old school UFC rules: 13 minute (?) first round and 3 minute extended period if necessary.

First couple minutes were crazy: haymaker's like they were going out of style.

Then it was a gassed Tank lol LNP.

Extended period was brawl for :30 seconds before Tank gasses against and goes back to LNP.

But no, the judges were just some of their buddies looking for a good time. I think some of them were drunk or at least had a beer in hand.

That big right hand at the 1:11 mark was sweet tho!

It got pretty fucking boring.

Cool thing was that they used the old school UFC rules: 13 minute (?) first round and 3 minute extended period if necessary.

First couple minutes were crazy: haymaker's like they were going out of style.

Then it was a gassed Tank lol LNP.

Extended period was brawl for :30 seconds before Tank gasses against and goes back to LNP.

But no, the judges were just some of their buddies looking for a good time. I think some of them were drunk or at least had a beer in hand.

I have followed Tank since his first UFC showing and even met a friend of his from Hunnington Beach. The friend told me, that I've also heard many times in interviews, that a sober Tank is a really nice guy but sometimes when he is drinking he would look for people that he felt were bullies in bars and then "bully the bully". He also said, and I've heard this too, that Tank having a big criminal record is mainly fabrication, Tank has never done prison time. Awhile back some corrections officer tried to research his claimed criminal past, and all that was verified and found was one, old dui arrest.

I will say for anyone who has not seen it, the UFC dvd for "Ultimate Tank Abbott" is really funny, with Tank narrating and getting progressively drunker as it goes on.

Interesting,

Was he ever good with fans?

Yeah, he will have huge punching power until the day he dies.

I miss Tank every day. Tank didn't "fight for the fatties" He was a legit tough mother fucker who fought because he like beating the piss out of people.

That is one of the finest pieces of UFC history. One of my favorite DVDs.

I think he described Gary Goodridge as "something between fairly intelligent and a complete moron".
I wish Tank hadn't gotten injured so we could have seen him and Big Daddy go at it.

yes I miss tank.also he was sporting an awesome toup

u got to be shitting me brah.if it was thats funny hope we saw same interview

I've seen him in a bunch of interviews over the last year, and he had some weird hair.

Back