ShinkanPo

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Before Roy Nelson it was Tank who fights for the Fatties,

tank.jpg

tank-abbott-drunk-quote-lolmma.jpg

tank_abbott_gun_dummy.jpg

He was always in bar fights so it seemed he was that belligerent guy always talking trash and starting stuff.

The concept of a bar room brawler is kinda cool but more so the quiet guy in a loud place who only fights when pushed.

Some of the stuff he would say though like Fedor wants to be him and he would clown on Fedor if they ever fought....

Keep drinking, buddy.

If you want to see his KO's, they replay them on UFC top 100 knockouts on FS1 and Spike all the time. Just watched the Nelmark KO today, in fact.

He would have no place on the roster.

Yes, I definitely miss Tank Abbott. It did not take long for some haters to show up in this thread, but what do you guys really know? I'll tell you. Not a damn thing.

Big Tank fan here, one of my all time favorites and is one of my favorites in interviews as well. Tank is no dummy and is well spoken.

An iconic figure in early mma. Miss characters like him to be honest, a lot of robots these days

i miss tank yes.

the guy was a beast in his prime and a real character. not a fake one like you see all the time nowadays

First UFC fight I ever saw live on PPV was Tank Abbott vs. Scott Ferrozzo I (yes, they had a rematch in a back yard where Tank got revenge via UD).

He was pretty funny. He was kind of like an early version of Chael.

I think he described Gary Goodridge as "something between fairly intelligent and a complete moron".

See that stuff's funny, but being 40 and saying he would kick the living shit out of prime Fedor is Trolling.

Tank will always be great, but he's from the time before it was even called MMA.

At the end of UFC 6, after finishing TWO fighters in a tournament (same night), he went on to fight in the finale for 17+min against a much more well rounded Oleg Taktarov. He lost, but gave a great post fight speech...

When asked if he let his fans down (Tank grabs the mic): "I don't give a shit about them, I was the one in the ring, I got my ass kicked... I let MYSELF down." (I don't remember it word for word, but it was a brutally honest post fight speech, more so than I've ever heard from any athlete.)

Was always a fan of Tank, hes 1 of the reasons Im a MMA fan

It was his brawl type fights being shown in some clips that I got interested in watching MMA. It was during 2002 and its the first time that UFC will be showed in my country so they started with replays of old UFC fights they even started from UFC1.

A toasted Tank was actually asked about the Roy comparison, and it yielded a typical funny Abbott response.

First UFC fight I ever saw live on PPV was Tank Abbott vs. Scott Ferrozzo I (yes, they had a rematch in a back yard where Tank got revenge via UD).

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? A backyard fight required a judge's decision? That is not a match I wish to view.

A toasted Tank was actually asked about the Roy comparison, and it yielded a typical funny Abbott response.

Damn can you imagine a Prime Tank vs Roy Nelson?

I am always partial with Tank when it comes to his attitude I don't know him personally so I can't tell if he is a good person. There are times he seems nice like he was just like a regular Joker who say a lot of stupid stuff for fun but then he could be a real jerk who would give anyone a problem or punch people just for the heck of it he brag about his time spent in Jail.

Some character indeed I just find the Freddy Mercury Joke on Dan Severn kinda funny Jeff Blatnick is unsure if he is going to laughed at that or do a back Suplex on Tank.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? A backyard fight required a judge's decision? That is not a match I wish to view.

Cecil Peoples was there but as usual he is not watching the fights he is just there for the back yard BBQ.

I definitely miss Tank. I grew up watching him and was a fan of his hard hitting-bar room brawling style. Tank and Don Frye will always be Bad Asses imo.

Big Tank fan here, one of my all time favorites and is one of my favorites in interviews as well. Tank is no dummy and is well spoken.

He gets drinking though, and he is tough to listen to. He was on gross point blank before the Kimbo fight, and he was brutal. Basically, every fight he lost was because the other guy got lucky, Tank didn't train, or Tank had some emotional issue that made him lose. He came off badly, along with him seeming like a generally dangerous person.

Back