• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you love or hate Khamzat Chimaev?

Do you love or hate Khamzat Chimaev?

• Total voters

Takes Two To Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know the fight is fresh and the weird incidents that happened with Khamzat these past few days or so. So do you guys still love him or now hate him?

To be honest I had a weird rollercoaster of emotions about this guy these past few days. But I think I still love him. He'll be champ someday. If he sticks to the game plan and doesn't miss weight of course.

khamzat-chimaev-missweight.png

I don’t mind him per se - because he seems to accept any opponent and I have to respect that

i hate his fans who think he’s unbeatable ….. much like Conor fans

i think chimaev is a great fighter - but i also think he’s overrated and will be KOd sooner then later

He’s obviously a talented fighter and for that I will tune in. I was rather indifferent about him beyond that before but the way he’s handled himself this week has made me think negatively of him.

Talking about killing everybody but missing weight badly and shrugging it off doesn’t sit well with me. Seems like a guy that’s really buying his own hype lately.

Indifferent.
Dude is a great fucking talent, but his behavior this week was pretty bad and unprofessional.
At least he put on a great performance, even if it was against a pretty favorable matchup.

IMO i'd say give him one more shot at fighting at welterweight against a guy like Shavkat or the Belal/Brady winner, if he misses weight again force him up to middleweight.

Great talent no doubt, but he really comes across like a penis with his "keeel everyone" spiel interspersed with girlie squeals.

Not really into his personality or the missing weight, but as a fighter who offers star power and entertainment value hes one of my favourites right now.

I like him. Talks shit, cocky as fuck, calls everyone out and fights like a madman inside the cage. Makes me laugh.

You know you are in for a show when he fights. That’s what I care about at the end of the day, entertaining fights.

I think he will be champ but will also get wrecked eventually.

I don’t like him. He should fight Paulo Costa. Paulo punked him.
‘I fight everybody’.
He fights Nate Diaz and Kevin Holland but doesn’t want to fight Paulo Costa.

I'm just along for the ride. I think he's a great talent, he's only been training and fighting in MMA for about 5 years. He's emotional, wild on the feet, defensively irresponsible and his cardio is suspect but I think he has the potential to be a champion at 170lbs and I am super excited to see him tested by more elite opposition to and to see how and if his game evolves (I consider the Ikram and Burns wins fairly elite). As for his personality and drama I don't give shit about all of that. Not a fan of him, but don't dislike him either.

Back