• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do love or hate Tom Aspinall?

Do love or hate Tom Aspinall?

• Total voters
He's just alright to me.

He hasn't Irked me yet, But Some people see him as the second coming of christ or something and the way he's touted on sherdog is very strange to me, almost inorganic.

I dont try to listen to fighters, but from what little I've heard, he sounds mostly jovial, funny and jingle humble, with an occasional prickishness dropped here or there. His skill level is hard to place what with heavyweight having higher chance-skill ratio than other divisions, and especially a grappling deficient division, but I'm always excited to have new blood that haven't missed many hurdles and Tom fits that bill so far. Being an exciting fighter certainly helps as well.

If he wins the HW title he should be a good champion. He's exciting to watch. I just hope the HW championship in general is more active in the future. That belt should be defended twice a year.
There aren't two decent contenders per year...

I haven't felt much divisiveness, seems like a reasonably humble stand up guy from what I've seen, definitely has some honorable fighter spirit.

As for "Do love or hate Tom Aspinall", it's a very odd question question to ask, and frankly speaking rather questionable English.

when Tom appeared in the UFC i started having new feelings i couldn't explain plus secret ejaculatings

Honestly, if you HATE Aspi(rin-Tyle)nall then you've got some deep self-reflection to do. At worst he's somewhere around moderately benign, and at best an active, well-rounded and exciting top-level contender in the UFC with his head straight on his shoulders.

What's to dislike?

Humble, down to earth, exciting fighting style and also a finisher in the cage, will fight anybody on any notice.

The only people that seem to have an issue with him on Sherdog are the Jones fans and the Brit haters, of which there are quite a few.

What's to dislike?

Humble, down to earth, exciting fighting style and also a finisher in the cage, will fight anybody on any notice.

The only people that seem to have an issue with him on Sherdog are the Jones fans and the Brit haters, of which there are quite a few.
+1

Nobody hates Aspinal but Jones fan girls excusing ducking.

Indifferent but interested. He's been amazing but he has one BIG fight so far. I do look forward to seeing what he does from here. I hate the way he's managing the Jones situation, but love that he's going to defend the interim belt.

What's to dislike?

Humble, down to earth

I dislike these in a fighter.

If he wants to tell the world he's the best fighter alive, the most dangerous unarmed man on the planet... he shouldn't try to act humble about it.

If he was being an arrogant dick he'd have the Jones fight in the bag. But he wants to be respectful, because he wants people to like him, and the gimmick isn't working.

I dislike these in a fighter.

If he wants to tell the world he's the best fighter alive, the most dangerous unarmed man on the planet... he shouldn't try to act humble about it.

If he was being an arrogant dick he'd have the Jones fight in the bag. But he wants to be respectful, because he wants people to like him, and the gimmick isn't working.
Doesn't seem to be a gimmick.

He's been the same way since well before his UFC days. He's a normal working class guy who happens to be a world class fighter.

Doesn't seem to be a gimmick.

He's been the same way since well before his UFC days. He's a normal working class guy who happens to be a world class fighter.

A person who believes they can beat up any man alive in unarmed combat (which Tom appears to) is by definition not humble. He can not be both.

So any appearance otherwise is an act. An image being projected.

And that's fine, he can play the baby face, there's certainly an audience for it. It's not my cup of tea.

Like watching him fight. Seems to be a normal dude, don’t have strong opinions personality wise.

+1

Nobody hates Aspinal
His name is spelled Tom Aspinall with two ll's. You guys do not even care enough to take the time to spell his name properly and that is really the reality of Tom. A guy who is a good young fighter, fast and dynamic but kind of bland in terms of acclaim.

I think he is a good young fighter and I am indifferent as are most.But as we see, he does need to go get some more fans so that people who say they love him do not misspell his name.

It is ironic,

Last edited:
I like him because he's the most rounded well rounded and nimble heavyweight around. It's nice to watch a heavyweight bout that doesn't look like Walruses going at it.

I'd love him if he had significant personality flaws / disorders. Alas, he seems incredibly normal.

Back