• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Alex Pereira vs. Jiří Procházka 2 is the Official UFC 303 Main Event, Replacing McGregor/Chandler. Plus Ortega/Lopes (co-main) and Ulberg/A. Smith

I hope Alex and Jiri are both getting some serious cash for stepping in like this
giphy-1-2.gif

Meh, first fight wasnt a fluke, dont think the rematch is warranted. Really wanted poatan to go up to hw and go for the 3 belts

Card is definitely better in terms of more big name fighters on it, but I am not really excited to see Alex KO Jiri again.

why Jiri ? what's the point of this ?
why is Ankalaev waiting outside ?

UFC is full of shit these days. they even try to give Izzy a shot who lost his last fight by domination
because Ankalaev doesn't want to fight for the title outside of Abu Dhabi. He already ducked Alex at UFC 300 and is ducking him again.

Very risky move for Jiri. If Alex loses he's pretty much guaranteed a rubber match, but if Jiri loses he's in limbo. Respect, Jiri-san.

This is Jiri's best shot.

Mid-April we know Alex had a broken big toe, which takes 4-6 weeks to heal for regular folks (forget doing the type of training MMA requires)

Alex has been on tour doing events around the world, and is in Australia right now. So he has to fly across the world to begin a weight cut with zero camp, zero preparation.

Jiri's best shot at this by far is Alex on no notice coming off an injury. Poatan is pretty nuts for agreeing to this

Last edited:
It's never a bad time to watch Pereira fight, even if it should be a walk in the park for him. Also excited that Lopes is getting an opportunity to jump to the top. However this is a PPV. The card is still pretty weak. No fight could really match up to a Conor fight, so it's not UFC's fault. But I thought they fixed Abu Dhabi better with a last minute fix.

War Jiri.

Take back your crown as Violence God.

STreet fighter 4 is my favourite fighting game of all time, Maybe just my favourite game ever period. I've played at least 8k hours of SFIV series.

That's the one that REALLY got me into fighting games, It brought back fighting games in a big way and upp'ed the ante. being 17-21 playing street fighter I've made so many friends and had so many good times.

Still the best game opening ever. Still gives me nostalgia goosebumps.

Main Abel, Balrog, Adon

100% :cool:

Absolutely love that game, everything about it. Probably the only game ever I've spent more than 1000 hours playing too.

Agreed that opening is epic and always gives the tingles, but do you know what also gives nostalgia goosebumps through sheer familiarity and fond memories? The lobby select music and graphics :D

As you may guess from my name, Balrog is my main. Also played Ken and Honda. I don't have much interest in SF6 until they add Balrog :cool:

100% :cool:

Absolutely love that game, everything about it. Probably the only game ever I've spent more than 1000 hours playing too.

Agreed that opening is epic and always gives the tingles, but do you know what also gives nostalgia goosebumps through sheer familiarity and fond memories? The lobby select music and graphics :D

As you may guess from my name, Balrog is my main. Also played Ken and Honda. I don't have much interest in SF6 until they add Balrog :cool:
Lets hope they dont fuck him up. I HATE balrog in SF V and he has the lamest super in history :(

Lets hope they dont fuck him up. I HATE balrog in SF V and he has the lamest super in history :(

Same here, I think that's actually one of the reasons I struggled to get into SFV. I don't really like the way Balrog plays AT ALL in 5 compared to 4, and could never get used to the lack of headbutt.

Headbutt was amazing to get through fireballs, and man the headbutt into Super/Ultra was like second nature when playing Balrog in 4, so satisfying.

Alex is the biggest star the UFC has right now.

Some would say he is the face of the UFC.
I think there's three, Jones, Pereira, Jiri. Jones is the biggest name, Pereira the hardest hitting and current wave of popularity, Jiri the most entertaining fights. All the others don't look interesting enough to me. Maybe even Max Hol. has a lot of big names and good fights too. The others you can't even think of.

because Ankalaev doesn't want to fight for the title outside of Abu Dhabi. He already ducked Alex at UFC 300 and is ducking him again.
Everyone wants to see Jiri fight. He has the most entertaining fights in the UFC. It's a war every time. Ironically, the least entertaining fight was the one with Alex. But who wants to see Ankalaev? Russians and Muslims. For everyone else, Ankalaev is a good but uninteresting fighter.

Ironically, the least entertaining fight was the one with Alex.
No way. He may have been more conservative, but thats what made it good, he was fighting a guy he couldnt just make run and cry to his momma like usual and then kill them. High level MMA. Very excite.

it was Ramadan , he was not ready. not fair to say he ducked him.
if he is ducking him why is he not in Abu Dhabi ? your argument sounds strange if Ank. is ready to face him in Abu Dhabi

it was Ramadan , he was not ready. not fair to say he ducked him.
if he is ducking him why is he not in Abu Dhabi ?
Why he is not fighting in UFC 303? It's not ramadan anymore.
your argument sounds strange if Ank. is ready to face him in Abu Dhabi
Of course he is ready to fight in Abu Dhabi, it's the only the place he wants to fight for the title because he can roid and cheat and get favors. Therefore the fight should happen anywhere, except Abu Dhabi.

Why he is not fighting in UFC 303? It's not ramadan anymore.

Of course he is ready to fight in Abu Dhabi, it's the only the place he wants to fight for the title because he can roid and cheat and get favors. Therefore the fight should happen anywhere, except Abu Dhabi.
Thats just funny what tou are saying.
Abu Dhabi is not a place for cheat and when did you ever see Ankalaev cheat ?
You talk like you were sitting right there when he was on roids

Reactions: HHJ
Back