Do you like the new era of trash talking that is upon us?

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Personally, I enjoy watching cage fighters go back and forth on twitter like 12 year old girls. I get a real chuckle out of it. Some posters seem to not like it and blame Conor McGregor for it.

What say you?

No they are pussies who sit on their phones on twitter talking shit. Say it to my face they get slapped.

It was funny when Chael was doing it because he was original with his insults. Now, it's just annoying ...

I think its ok. It gives some fighters more options to make money. Even it is cringeworthy sometimes,it keeps things moving along,since its not like pro wrestling,where you see the guys every week.

If it's anything like Platinum's trash talk count me out

Nothing new about it

I know you just started watching mma 6 months ago but trash talking has been around for a very long time

No but I can understand that fighters (must) trash talk to promote themselves.

I like anything that's genuine, I'm not this guy...

crying-wrestling-fan-375x413-1416942736.jpg

No but I can understand that fighters (must) trash talk to promote themselves.
its not a must. Its one way of doing it. Some guys promote themselves in other ways. Brendan Schaub didnt talk trash to get popular enough to leave mma and be well off.

I don't really care for it. If people enjoy it, good for them. If they hate it, it really isn't too hard to ignore.

Blaming Conor for trash-talking is insipid though, it's been a part of sports for ages.

Chael copied everything from Pro Wrestling.
He also listened to alot of what fans said on here,and used it against the old pride guard. That was very smart. He knew hed make fans out of the sherdog trolls.

Most of it is obnoxious and cringeworthy, like Cruz and Garbrandt attempting to go back and forth. It's been around forever, but I do blame Conor for the ubiquitousness and decline in quality. See, he's not very good at it, but somehow got a large following, so every fighter now feels the need to do it. Frankly, it feels forced. And since he got big, the UFC feels more and more like some WWE wannabe, the quality is definitely dropping.

Personally, I enjoy watching cage fighters go back and forth on twitter like 12 year old girls. I get a real chuckle out of it. Some posters seem to not like it and blame Conor McGregor for it.

What say you?
Fuck you and fuck what you like. Who do you even post with? How many shares does your instagram get? I don't think so motherfucker. You seemed to have shit all figured out on when you were on myspace.

Im not a fan of of todays shit talking.Its getting carried away and very cringeworthy.Years ago most guys used to really mean what they said when it was done but now its all fake wwe type garbage.

Back