Do you like the new era of trash talking that is upon us?

I like trash talking when it is good, but it is so rarely good these days. There is little to no wit or intelligence in most of what is said to hype a fight now.

Flip side to that though, I do love seeing a fighter who is absolutely raged and ready to kill. Its not witty or intelligent but its exciting.

Because the thread is about the new era of trash talking, and Conor kinda started with it since Chael is out of the game. So I like to compare Conor's and Chael's trash talking skills.

Because you are simple minded and have no depth to your thought process?

Because you are simple minded and have no depth to your thought process?
lol not at all. My opinion is that Colin started the new era of trash talking and in the beginning it was funny but now all of his "work" (let's call it that) is overused and sounds cheesy, you disagree. Am I simple minded because of this?

lol not at all. My opinion is that Colin started the new era of trash talking and in the beginning it was funny but now all of his "work" (let's call it that) is overused and sounds cheesy, you disagree. Am I simple minded because of this?

You are simple minded, yes.

But not because of that.

Personally, I enjoy watching cage fighters go back and forth on twitter like 12 year old girls. I get a real chuckle out of it. Some posters seem to not like it and blame Conor McGregor for it.

What say you?
I blame Twitter.
I blame Conor.
I blame idiots for following it, and loving it as if they're still in high school.
I blame the McUFC for fostering it in the name of sales.
Let's everybody take it down to basement level and be lousy sports.

I like it when it is from the heart, like Khabib being pissed off and getting on it, that's a guy who just wants to fight for a title he feels he deserves. The Diaz boys, as delusional as they are, always mean what they say. I like fighting words, but this shit the likes of Conor and Chael and Tito did/do is just fucking gay, scripted and rehearsed.

I give even less weight to what comes out of an MMA fighters mouth that a politicians mouth.

At least with the politician (Republican, Democrat, Libertarian etc) I know that if I see their lips moving, they are lying.

Meh, it's funny but it's just an appetizer before the real fight. Going back on youtube and seeing some of chael's and conor's old conference highlights is pretty fun. I missed a lot of it due to not being balls deep in the sport or reality tv/social media.

If one just watches the events, it's very easy to be oblivious to fighter personalities and drama.

The USADA era is more problematic, in my opinion, and it is impossible to just ignore. They've 'un-enhanced' so many performances, I can't believe fight fans support this BS. And the heavier divisions have gone to shit. All so it's 'fair' and mainstream and fighters are 'protected.' pisses me off

I like when fighters dont like each other and talk shit yea.

I dont like it when a fighter is talking shit about everyone even people he cant beat(like Chael saying hed beat Lesnar and Fedor) and gets to skip contenders in line because he talks shit.

not when its so obviously pushed down from the top (of Danas colon) - "Hey talk sh*t, grab his belt, call him a B*tch 68 times and we all make money". Seeing Danas shit eating grin during all of it only makes it worse. Bored betas love macho posturing I guess...

Now if someone's just a legitimate trash talker because thats their personality or they really hate their opponent, thats something else entirely

im not really into it, but i think others are - i enjoy when there is real beef, but that is rare - i also enjoy seeing people who are cocky or stupid get beat up sometimes, but i wouldnt say i enjoy trash talk

not when its so obviously pushed down from the top (of Danas colon) - "Hey talk sh*t, grab his belt, call him a B*tch 68 times and we all make money". Seeing Danas shit eating grin during all of it only makes it worse. Bored betas love macho posturing I guess...

Now if someone's just a legitimate trash talker because thats their personality or they really hate their opponent, thats something else entirely
not sure why people always blame dana and the media for stuff like this - the problem is that people are too into this stuff and eat it up like candy - if people were smarter or more focused on the fights, then ther would be no place for this - but in reality we have a wwf crowd who loves seeing others emasculated and shook etc.

casuals def love it also

Shit no. This ain't a drama show. A little heat is fine but now guys are turning it into it's own event

No. I am old and jr. high school shit does not excite me.

No i fucking hate it. It's scripted bullshit with no soul. Please take that shit back to WWE. Real men don't need to run their mouth like fucking teenagers. And yes I understand fight promotion, what's happening now is the lowest common denominator of fight promotion.

Personally, I enjoy watching cage fighters go back and forth on twitter like 12 year old girls. I get a real chuckle out of it. Some posters seem to not like it and blame Conor McGregor for it.

What say you?
What is this new era? Is it the one where Royce and Ken talked smack in the early days? Or the one where Tito trashed every opponent? Maybe when Barnett used to cut wrestling promos? Or maybe it has always been there but you were to fucktarded to realize it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back