Do you like the new era of trash talking that is upon us?

Most of it is obnoxious and cringeworthy, like Cruz and Garbrandt attempting to go back and forth. It's been around forever, but I do blame Conor for the ubiquitousness and decline in quality. See, he's not very good at it, but somehow got a large following, so every fighter now feels the need to do it. Frankly, it feels forced. And since he got big, the UFC feels more and more like some WWE wannabe, the quality is definitely dropping.
The UFC is and always has been a WWE wannabe. They literally stole everything from Vince.

I enjoy the comedy of it all, but it sucks that a ton of good fights don't happen because other guys talk their way into bigger fights. It also kind of sucks because most of these guys who trash talk are reallllllly bad at it. It's unnatural. I wish guys would just be themselves and put on great fights.

Yoel's "i love you mike" > whatever conor says.

The psychology of who you are shines through your writing. You are very easy to pinpoint as you don't have much originality to your personality.
So you're a psychologist. Thanks for the indepth analysis, you saved me some money. I appreciate it <{luvbruh}>

Only high school kids and jobless retards have time to follow fighters Twitters

Nope. Grudge matches should be a rarity. That's what makes them special. If everyone is doing it, then it loses its luster.

Last edited:
So you're a psychologist. Thanks for the indepth analysis, you saved me some money. I appreciate it <{luvbruh}>

raw

Same old formula it has always been with the UFC.

"And this time ...it's personal."

Only difference now is it is done primarily by hobbits.

New era?
Fucking babies. It's part of the sport.

Trash talk has been in mma since ufc 1.

Also forgetting about ufc's first cross over star Tito.
No he totally didn't trash talk....

Its so frequently used to steer yourself away from tought fights it shits me.

When it was nothing more than two matched opponents talking shit it was nothing but side noise that could be ignored and it wouldn't change shit.

Now it manufactured to call out an opponent you think you match well against.

So no I don't like what it has become.

It only works when certain fighters do it. And by certain, I mean two. There's literally only two good trash talkers. The rest are just unintelligent thugs talking trash, your run of the mill high school trash talk.

Think about it, the reason why Cruz and Conor's trash talk apparently works, and resonates with people (even though I hate them), is literally because of their intelligence, and their linguistic dexterity. That's pretty much it. When you have a stupid thug yelling, and then you have someone who has a vast vocabulary (and has a mean streak to USE those words, those sentence structures, verbally setting traps, etc), then you've got a complete mismatch and one person is getting verbally eviscerated.

Unfortunately, as much I hate to see it, this is why Dillashaw was made to look stupid as all fucking hell in those head to head interviews. Cody as well. Oh, and Faber in the lead up to their latest fight. The shit Dom was hitting him with had Faber just sitting there with those perfectly circular eyes wide open.

Look how easily Conor handled Nate at the press conference. You can say Nate just didn't give a fuck, and wasn't going to engage in it, but....he clearly did, and tried to. He just literally didn't have the verbal arsenal that Conor had. He
literally lacks the words and the knowledge in knowing how to string together those words. He's a basic talker. Which, 90% of Americans are. Whole 'nother story.

Bottom line: A less intelligent person's trash talk will NEVER be on the level of a person with better IQ and vocabulary who has a mean streak in them to use it (I keep mentioning this, because it doesn't work if you don't have this darkness in you; Stephen Hawking or Bill Gates aren't going to be good trash talkers....they'd come across whiny and wimpy).

Back