Do You Like Mauro Ranallo?

I like him, enjoyed his old commentary with Bas back in the PRIDE days. However, I said to myself tonight, he could maybe turn it down 1. I liked his diaper joke, but I'm like dude, it's just Bellator. Calm down. He's a human stimulant

He was cool back in Pride. He's a pathetic try-hard these days.
I think Bas evened him out, ya know? They made a better team together than Mauro is on his own I'd say.
And if we're gonna talk about great commentators, Michael Schiavello is the man. I'd love for him to come to the UFC, have said that for years

Can't stand him, but he actually upgrades the commentary because he shares the booth with Big John who is the worst color guy ever. He's so bland & often very wrong.

bland? don't think you know what that means

you don't have to like him, but he's as eccentric as they come

And what is he wrong about?
Mauro is the geek with no friends and nothing to do and just studies stats and fights

Perhaps you're projecting a bit

He's very articulate, very intelligent, and very creative regarding his use of the English language, so I can understand why a lot of people on here don't like him. He's way over their little heads.

He's even more useless than ring girls because they actually provide a few seconds of eye candy. This dude actually makes every event worse by constantly yelling at mundane shit and dropping stupid, forced pop culture reference to be "witty" when in reality it just makes him sound like a douchebag.

Even his voice sounds overexaggerated and grating. I literally prefer any other PBP guy or analyst over him, including Steven A, and Teddy "Long Rambling Analogy That Makes No Sense" Atlas. Shit, even Snoop Doggy Dogg would at least add some entertainment value. Dead silence would be preferred over him.

He's like peanut butter to the jelly. Glad he found his niche.

Listening to jon anik is like asking an accountant about his job.....bland as f***. Give me goldies gaffs, schiavellos enthusiasm or renallos cringe anyday.

He gives me way too much of a pro wrestling vibe. I watch very little Bellator, but Ranallo would have me watching it on mute.

Loved him and Bas in Pride, but maybe it was because MMA was still relatively new to me. Nowadays I feel that Mauro is like a stereotype of a stereotype of what Americans are like. Loud, obnoxious, ugly, badly dressed etc etc. He’s just too over the top and his voice isn’t pleasant to listen to (neither is Rogan’s).

Back