Do You Like Mauro Ranallo?

I've seen a lot of threads over the years on various broadcasting teams for Pride, UFC and Bellator. It seems many of them are polarizing, either loved or hated - Cruz, Bisping, Rogan, Cormier, McCarthy are some examples.

In general, I don't mind him calling fights, but he always seems to have these really cringey one-liners.

Tonight, as Phil Davis was molesting Yoel Romero, Mauro Ranallo said:

"Davis is treating Romero like a newborn baby treats a diaper."

View attachment 880506

How do my fellow Sherbros feel about him?

Will always have my support!

Ever since PunkedByCropcop-Era.

Wish he was in the UFC

Hit and miss. In Pride FC I disliked him at first but his enthusiasm grew on me. Eventually his one liners grew a bit thin, especially his strange analogies.
Bas is another. Used to be good but even In his commentary prime he loved to talk about himself, now it’s at another level.

Everyone should check out his documentary BiPolar Rock N Roller on Showtime. Probably can even find it on you tube.

With his mental health it is amazing he has had the career he has had.

Last edited:
Everyone should check out his documentary BiPolar Rock N Roller on Showtime. Probably can even find it on you tube.

With his mental health it is amazing he has had the career he has had.

Nope. There was a time back in the day I enjoyed his work. Then the cleaning cock happened on the air in WWE and suddenly he's having Bas Rutten threaten folks on twitter. After that I just felt sorry for him until he started ruining NXT.

Why he has never been in the UFC is a mystery.

He's good enough to call big time boxing but not good enough for the premier human cockfighting org?

He's way too over the top nowadays. I did like him in the past when he was more toned down.

Say what you want about his style or haircut, but he he's more skilled than Anik or Goldberg.

Yeah he's awesome. An odd commodity in the MMA fighting world, he for sure makes cards more entertaining.

This is what you want from a commentator, spice it up a little bit, hype and exaggerate. And being a bit outlandish.

What i can't stand is commentators pretending that MMA isn't a fist fight in a cage and everyone is in their underwear.

But i don't know, maybe there are people who have a stick up their bum and like it when the comentarles pretend that MMA is something it is not.

I don't have a problem with him. He tries to bring a different flavor, even though he isn't always successful.

I've seen a lot of threads over the years on various broadcasting teams for Pride, UFC and Bellator. It seems many of them are polarizing, either loved or hated - Cruz, Bisping, Rogan, Cormier, McCarthy are some examples.

In general, I don't mind him calling fights, but he always seems to have these really cringey one-liners.

Tonight, as Phil Davis was molesting Yoel Romero, Mauro Ranallo said:

"Davis is treating Romero like a newborn baby treats a diaper."

View attachment 880506

How do my fellow Sherbros feel about him?
Loved the guy in Pride and still appreciate his work today.

Back