Do You Like Mauro Ranallo?

"Davis is treating Romero like a newborn baby treats a diaper."

screenshot_20210919-002622_free-adblocker-browser-jpg.880506

How do my fellow Sherbros feel about him?

P4P #1 GOAT MMA Commentator.

Period.

"Davis is treating Romero like a newborn baby treats a diaper."

That comment was the height of cringe. Its annoying to listen to and frankly embarrassing for the sport.

I get people respect him because of nostalgia from Pride, but he massively overreacts with corny lines and isn't particularly useful for calling the action.

Its more for the folks who like the pro wrestling HE'S GOING TO HIT HIM WITH A CHAIR!! type theatrics. Not for me.

All respect to the guy he's had a fine career.

I really started to dislike him when he was in WWE. He was fine in Pride.

That comment was the height of cringe. Its annoying to listen to and frankly embarrassing for the sport.

I get people respect him because of nostalgia from Pride, but he massively overreacts with corny lines and isn't particularly useful for calling the action.

Its more for the folks who like the pro wrestling HE'S GOING TO HIT HIM WITH A CHAIR!! type theatrics. Not for me.

All respect to the guy he's had a fine career.

I feel you on the embarrassing the sport issue.

That's why I created the thread, he's always been super corny, and while I generally don't mind him, tonight was just too cringey and really disrespectful to Romero.

He'd be much better if he just called fights and quit being a try-hard wannabe comedian.

He is beyond awful. Tons of forced lines, catch phrases and stuff that he thinks sounds catchy and cute, but is just tremendously corny imo. Maybe Pride's more spectacular production and all the freakshows mixed in made his over the top style a more natural fit there.

The excessive radio voice and cadence and the corny lines makes it all super awkward and unnatural in Bellator. All of the UFC's PBP guys are better, and PFL's guy is probably the best out of all of them.

I remember when Crocop punked him in Pride. Dude looked like he was gonna cry. Lol.

I would likely be on the verge of a panick attack if it was me tho.

Back