Do you know anyone that got royally screwed by a divorce?

I know someone who got divorced and had to sell everything so it can be split up with his ex. He made good money and got married. 2 years later after he caughtt her cheating she got the divorce papers out. So now hes not only paying child support but also alimony because the bitch got used to living the high life. I feel sorry for him hes a really good hearted person now hes paying for the bitchs everything and also her current boyfriend

how in the fuck is the bitch getting alimony when she ended the divorce and cheated on him?

Hell, alimony needs to be abolished.

My biological mom's husband. 60/40 in his ex-wife's favor, plus his mansion.

200.gif

Use your brains boys.

I followed some classes on divorce and marriage law and stuff. I would advice anyone to get a bulletproof prenup and some leverage (sextape, pics of her doing drugs, insider trading proof) so alimony won't be an issue. I know plenty of people who get totally destroyed after a messy divorce with a vindictive ex wife. For example a guy who was making decent money and had a nice house and had to move into a shitty apartment in a fucking ghetto neigborhood because his wife took more than half his paycheck every month.

it costs about 10 grand to marry em and then a 100 grand to divorce em. i had to give the bitch my house my car, and then pay the bitch so I could see my kids. when she let me. and we got divorced cause I caught her out cheating and the fucker tried to lie about it.also got her female friend to lie for her too.but on the papers it says adultery on her part,so when the kids ask why we split,im showing em the court papers. i'll never trust another bitch again.

Don't drag your kids into the details your shit. I know it hurt you, but be a man and take all that hurt upon yourself and protect your kids from it.

Just say, "it didn't work out," when they're adults and they ask you can be honest.

My ex wife cheated, kicked me out of our house(threatened to call the cops if I didnt leave), and renegged on the deal to split the money spent on all the mutually purchased stuff because as she said "I would get all the reward and she would get the risk)... that bitch could die in a slow fire and I wouldnt shed a tear. Point of advice: dont marry a woman who is younger than you unless your both over 30.

Got a better house and wife now though.

If I paid for the house and had to give it up in a divorce, I would seriously consider burning it down. Nothing annoys me more than giving up something you worked hard for.

Modern divorce settlements are really offensive to women.

Couple splits up, white knight judge decides to award this woman for her time spent in the relationship with money. It's obvious what that is: it's prostitution.

Getting married in this day and age is just stupid, marriage meant something 100 years ago, it doesnt mean the same things today.

Ironic though it is that you complain about a system being offensive to women, I am surprised to say I agree with you.

Women should want to be self-sufficient. I would never be able to look myself in the mirror if I relied on outside of a current partnership for ongoing financial support. My mom raised me to be independent and, you know, productive, and not lazy, and proud of myself.

A friend of mine got everything in his divorce. His wife was supposed to be a virgin when they got married (very Catholic family). After a 3 year marriage she decided to run away with her secret lover, who also happened to be her first cousin. She had been banging her cousin for a decade. Her own family hates her now. Her mom works for my friend and makes him lunch everyday. She got nothing in the divorce.

Chris Rock (I think it was him) has a whole routine about how guys don't have female friends. They just have chicks they haven't fucked yet.

This. I can't believe how naive women are about this are just blissfully ignorant. They love the attention. Ridiculous.

I tell all women that your 'friends' are just guys waiting in line until you break up with your boyfriend. Stupid white knights.

This. I can't believe how naive women are about this are just blissfully ignorant. They love the attention. Ridiculous.

I tell all women that your 'friends' are just guys waiting in line until you break up with your boyfriend. Stupid white knights.

If you think women don't all know this then you're the one who's naive.

One of the guys I work with is trying to lessen his alimony and his kids are trying to get emancipated to help out. During the divorce, the market dropped out on his house so they took a hit on that and he worked a lot of overtime to pay for the divorce and do stuff with his kids in the time he had them. So his earnings are listed according to those overtime figures and thus so is alimony. Then our cost of living raise went from 4.25% to 2.0% per year and we went from paying 7.25% of our medical to 30%. Cliffs? His take home got drastically reduced and he has a long list of deadbeat babydaddies ahead of him on the family court docket to get it readjusted. If the kids get emancipated, he doesn't pay that money per month and will have money to give them directly for college.

This is a pretty average case of divorce screwing by my experience.

If you think women don't all know this then you're the one who's naive.

Yup.

Women are typically much smarter socially than men are which is why I find it hilarious when dudes say "my girl god bless her heart, she's just naive and oblivious to the fact that these male friends of hers want to bang her." :icon_lol:

Riiiight. These men who think this are either really stupid and oblivious themselves or living in a certain river in egypt.

I have two friends who were fucked up by bat shit crazy wives who imploded the marriages, but the guys are paying still paying the ex-wives (what a joke).

OTOH, I have a friend who totally jerked around his ex-wife. They are both ridiculously wealthy so I don't think there are financial issues.

My dad just got a divorce, the woman got half his retirement (he's only a few years away with the post office). Dad tried to get some of the land she inheritted from her father when he passed away when they were married. I thought he'd learn his lesson after divorcing my mom 3 times and then this lady, but he went online and fell in love with a jamaican woman lol

I think we can safely say that Princess Diana should easily win this.

If the girl is rich and the guy is broke, does he get half of what she has and all that support bs?

Back