Do you know anyone that got royally screwed by a divorce?

After reading the responses ITT, the decision to never have kids has never seemed so prescient.

Also, not that I know fuck all about it, but wouldn't a pre-nup have solved most of these problems? Or would that only have added to them because there's not enough definition as to who owns what? Because even in a case where one partner isn't filthy rich, I would think that means you're entitled to things you bought with your own money when the divorce comes. Amabo te, educate me.

Kind of but I don't know too much about it. A family friend is going through a divorce. Apparently the wife just decided one day she wanted to end it. He insisted they try marriage counseling first but she just wanted out. Turns out, according to my mother, she's wanted out for a while and when my parents and them were closer my mother actually convinced her to stay with him. That didn't last forever and now they're in a messy divorce it seems. They have a kid together and the guy says the whole process is quite humiliating and he feels like its very unfair.

Sad thing is he's bending over backwards for the kid. It seems he didn't want to fight over the house since he knew she would get custody, at least in the interim, so he willingly moved out so their son wouldn't have to go through too many changes so quickly. He gets to see his kid every other weekend but he seems really bummed out about it. The ex already has a boyfriend in addition to the house and the kid. He even gave my parents the minivan he owned because he said he doesn't need it anymore and he's actually sick of of it now(also my parents needed a car and he's bro as fuck).

I feel really bad for him since I've known that family since I was a kid and the father was always seemed so happy and friendly and I've come to learn that he's helped my parents out a lot over the years like the aforementioned car.

After reading the responses ITT, the decision to never have kids has never seemed so prescient.

Also, not that I know fuck all about it, but wouldn't a pre-nup have solved most of these problems? Or would that only have added to them because there's not enough definition as to who owns what? Because even in a case where one partner isn't filthy rich, I would think that means you're entitled to things you bought with your own money when the divorce comes. Amabo te, educate me.

I don't know much about law but I've heard that depending on the state and the judge those can get thrown out if the conditions are deemed too unfair.

Sad thing is he's bending over backwards for the kid. It seems he didn't want to fight over the house since he knew she would get custody, at least in the interim, so he willingly moved out so their son wouldn't have to go through too many changes so quickly. He gets to see his kid every other weekend but he seems really bummed out about it. The ex already has a boyfriend in addition to the house and the kid. He even gave my parents the minivan he owned because he said he doesn't need it anymore and he's actually sick of of it now(also my parents needed a car and he's bro as fuck).

I can't even imagine that shit.

Having a kid with a woman, divorcing her, then only seeing the kid twice a month while the bitches new boyfriend sees the kid every fucking day. That would infuriate me.

What makes it even worse is that most divorced/and or single mothers think of their pussy more than their child and wind up dating pieces of shit that may even abuse the kid. Which happens a lot.

Marriage is a trap.

My ex wife, I was still in school when we split, so she had to pay me alimony up until last year. She did get the house though....

I can't even imagine that shit.

Having a kid with a woman, divorcing her, then only seeing the kid twice a month while the bitches new boyfriend sees the kid every fucking day. That would infuriate me.

What makes it even worse is that most divorced/and or single mothers think of their pussy more than their child and wind up dating pieces of shit that may even abuse the kid. Which happens a lot.

Marriage is a trap.

To be fair, its seems he was working long hours and that was the source of the wife's dissatisfaction. She wasn't exactly breaking her back at home since I believe there was usually a maid at the house and they only have one child but I can't imagine being alone in a house all day leads to the most satisfactory marriage.

This. I can't believe how naive women are about this are just blissfully ignorant. They love the attention. Ridiculous.

I tell all women that your 'friends' are just guys waiting in line until you break up with your boyfriend. Stupid white knights.

Chris Rock " Do you know what a platonic friend is to a woman? It's like a dick in a glass case. In case of emergency break open glass."

To be fair, its seems he was working long hours and that was the source of the wife's dissatisfaction. She wasn't exactly breaking her back at home since I believe there was usually a maid at the house and they only have one child but I can't imagine being alone in a house all day leads to the most satisfactory marriage.

Sounds like he was working his butt off to keep her and his child in a priviledged lifestyle. Wife realized she could maintain this lifestyle by squeezing him through divorce while getting paid by him to fuck other men and using his money to buy gifts for these other men.

No wonder women try to con men into these marriage scams.

guy i work with lost literally 1 mil. i guess i don't know any other details than that one

Back