Do you have a best friend?

Yes, mah brotha from anotha motha.

I've known my best friend since I was a junior and he was a sophomore in high school and I'm 32 now.

When I graduated I got a job a pizza joint full time, and I got him a part time job there a few nights a week and weekends. After about a year and a half I got transferred to a school age care program through MWR. After a few weeks it sucked to work there without me so he quit and got a job at Sears. I was trying to go to school during the day, but the school age care was making me work split shifts and the combination of sucky hours and minimum wage pay I got a job at Sears with him. After about a year of that we both went to a job fair and both got picked for different apprenticeships working for a Naval Shipyard.

We got married 6 weeks apart and he was my best mine and I was his. Our kids are even pretty close in age. We've been working in for the Naval Shipyard since 2001 and last January I took a new job in a different department and a few months ago I got him a job in the same department so now we'll probably work together until we retire. It's pretty awesome to have someone in your life that isn't your wife that you have been through thick and thin through and we can bitch about our wives together.

No, I don't. There's a few guys I enjoy shooting the shit with at work but when I'm not at work, I'd rather spend time with my family or time by myself.

I've got several close friends but no real best friend anymore.

My traveling lifestyle put an end to having best friends.

I've got a close knit group of friends. We've been comrades for 25 years. My best friend is my little brother.

I have quite a few friends that I am very close with. I have a couple that I could call my "best friend" I guess.

I've got a mate who I've known since his birth. 19 years down the track we're still close buddies even though we get on each other's nerves just about 24/7. But his parents and sister are like my second parents and sister and we're pretty much brothers.

I had one, haven't seen him or really spoke to him in like 5 years.

I used to, but not anymore. I doubt I will ever have any real close friends again.

I got one friend who i have been mates with coming up on 17 years , known him since I was 11 (6th Grade) , we went to the same high school as well and met our other good mate there as well.
We have known that guy for 16 years roughly

Shit, makes me feel old knowing that I have known them for 17 and 16 years

I have a few others that I have known for around 10 years as well

then your doing it wrong buddy, ive had plenty of hott friends that were girls and ive had sex with most of them. And out of all of them maybe only one or two would say they hate me now. (but thats cause they wanted a relationship and i wasnt about it)

ok maybe your right... now that i think about it the ones that didnt care were huge whores or too stupid to see what i was doing..

yeah bro. recent convo:

her: sooo, what are you looking for out of this. I'll go first. I want to look for a house and I want to settle down.
me: ummmm, I don't want any of that
her: ohhh okay we should just go back to being friends then
me: k

soon after...

her (3 page text): I don't appreciate the way you have treated me lately...blah blah blah...........................

now we don't talk anymore and apparently i'm an asshole

I've only had one best friend but that was as a little kid. Got me into boxing and causing shit. He quit school without graduating, moved in with his 17 yr old girlfriend, drank a lot, became an alcoholic, got stabbed. Who the fuck knows what happened after that. Obviously drifted apart.

He disappeared once he got married. His wife turned him into a very Christian person. I've seen him maybe 3 times since he got married a few years ago because he's always busy with church and work.

I just visited a friend of mine that I have known since I was 2. I hadn't seen him for a few years, but after a couple minutes it was just like old times.

Back