Do you have a best friend?

Blitz55

WILLOW
@Gold
Reaction score

Someone who is really close to you, almost more like family than friend.

Just curious how common something like this is.

I do, so I'll give mine for example.
I met the guy when I moved up to Washington as a kid from Texas, he moved up here a bit before I did from Louisiana. I met him in 1993 and we have been friends ever since. Other than a few years stretch when I was in College and he was living somewhere else I've always been around the guy. We actually lived together for a while I still go over to his house most Sunday's to watch football, we still buy Christmas gifts for each other because we can't count on anyone else to get us stupid kid stuff like games and comic books for shits and grins now that we are older. I've known the guy damn near 20 years, he is more family than anything, including his family.

So I was curious if anyone else had a situation like that.

Yes. Been friends with him for 10 years.

Not just one. I have a few close buddies who I've literally stared down death with. Known a couple of them for more than half my life.

Yes. Been friends with him for 10 years.

That's cool.

I feel kind of stuck for when ever I get married. I was best man at both his wedding and my brothers wedding.

I honestly have no idea who I would pick between the two. Id have to do a dual best man. :p

20+ years. His parents broke up last year and it felt as if my parents did.

Not realy. Im kind of a loner.

As corny as it sounds I guess you could say my wife is my best friend. Her and my brother.

I have a ton of friends but only a few of them are really close. My best friend's name is Patricia. If I had to describe her, she's a short Mexican chick. She's cute.

Ya, I have a few close and best friends:

One guy is from South Africa and Swaziland, we've been best friends since 17 years (since grade school)

Another is from Switzerland, we've been friends since 6 years now

Another two are brothers, we've been friends since they came from Ontario 15 years ago

I'd take bullets for any one of them

i don't.

and i'll admit that it hurts sometimes. i have plenty of casual friends, but i don't have anyone that i confide to.

and no, not looking for sympathy, lol. maybe i'm too independent, who knows.

I have a ton of friends but only a few of them are really close. My best friend's name is Patricia. If I had to describe her, she's a short Mexican chick. She's cute.

I could never do the friends with women thing if they were cute. Always ended up dating and ending our relationship horribly.

I could never do the friends with women thing if they were cute. Always ended up dating and ending our relationship horribly.

I know what you mean man, but I'm not attracted to her like that. I don't think she likes me like that either.

No best friend, just some close friends I've kept throughout the years.

I met the guy when I moved up to Washington as a kid from Texas, he moved up here a bit before I did from Louisiana. I met him in 1993 and we have been friends ever since. Other than a few years stretch when I was in College and he was living somewhere else I've always been around the guy. We actually lived together for a while I still go over to his house most Sunday's to watch football, we still buy Christmas gifts for each other because we can't count on anyone else to get us stupid kid stuff like games and comic books for shits and grins now that we are older. I've known the guy damn near 20 years, he is more family than anything, including his family.

Blitz, I told you not to reveal our friendship. :eek:

Had 5 that were like brothers we kicked it everyday, fights, chased women, did drugs closer to me then my actually brothers.

1: Doing 10 yrs
2: Died of an OD
3:Shot himself
4:a junkie that I can't bring myself to be around
5:moved out to Cali. We stay in touch when he comes home we hangout.

i have a friend who i was initially hitting on. but once i found out that she was married, i backed off.

we have been friends since, and her husband and i get along just fine. though funny enough, i was invited to her family's reunion a few months back, and her mother adores me, lol. i guess it's my personality, not really sure. my friend even sent me a text on christmas a few days back to tell me that her mother loves me and misses me, haha.

I have a group of 7 best friends that I have known since I was in elementary school. We are all in out 30s now and still very close.

BTW, were you the one who asked for advise on a Christmas gift to get your friend a few weeks ago (a signed Batman comic)? I can't remember what thread it was in. Well anyway, what did you end up getting him?

yes i have 3 best friends

1st one i met in second grade, he moved to california like 4 years ago and we talk everysingle day on the phone.

2nd one i met in 7th grade we live together right now and have alot of the same interests and he will probably read this and talk shit.

3rd one i met in 7th grade and he moved to oklahoma city about a year ago i dont talk to him as much as i would like but when we do talk we dont miss a beat.

Another friend that i kick it with almost daily i would consider a best friend but ive only known him for like 6 years or so.

Also a friend of mine ive known since kindergarden at one point i called him my best friend and we stayed friends till this day just not extrememly close like the other 4. hes marrying my sister sometime next year so he will actually be my brother which is pretty cool.( not that hes fucking my sister) but that a friend ive had almost my whole life is becoming my brother in law.

I couldnt imagine my life without any of these guys in it forreal. and each one of these guys that i brought up are also best friends with the other ones too. its not like i kick it with one, one day then another the next we all hang together, or did till 2 moved away. But these guys i know will be there at my funeral.

then your doing it wrong buddy, ive had plenty of hott friends that were girls and ive had sex with most of them. And out of all of them maybe only one or two would say they hate me now. (but thats cause they wanted a relationship and i wasnt about it)

ok maybe your right... now that i think about it the ones that didnt care were huge whores or too stupid to see what i was doing..

Back