Do you get overwhelmed by nostalgia sometimes?

Not really. I clung to it alot as a young'n but became more and more concerned with now and the future . I don't think that much about the past.
Sometimes it will hit me though. Some things. If I listen to the transformers credits music of the 80s cartoon,that shit will shoot me back.

I miss looking forward to the future which seemed to hold so much promise when I was young. Then I ran headfirst into reality.
I am 40 and I have done alot and still have alot more that I want to do. That's what's so hard about this pandemic. Theres no future to be had until this shit ends.

I actually miss going to Blockbuster on a Friday night to pick up a couple of good flicks and some munchies. Streaming services are convenient, but there was something exciting about going to the videostore.

This, along with pizza, was a staple of my childhood every Friday growing up in the 90s. Streaming is super cool but in some ways it sucks my kids don’t get that same experience.

Same with buying music.

Ah, boxing day lines at Sam the Record Man. Sandwiches at Schwartz's after.

253494795-boxingday-w.jpg

SCHWARTZ%20CELEBRATING%2090.jpg

schwartz-s-storefront-11.jpg

Sometimes I see homeless bums smoking crack and it really takes me back to the good ol days

I remember a hooker crossed the street and offered me a blow job for ten bucks. I never knew if she really needed the money or could tell I really needed a blow job.

I am 40 and I have done alot and still have alot more that I want to do. That's what's so hard about this pandemic. Theres no future to be had until this shit ends.

My entire life I've been waiting for the moment I felt I had it all together. It never came, but one day I realized that all the people around me thought I did, which is probably good enough.

Those kids are playing streets of rage II. An amazibgside scrolling bash em up game. Man the early mid 90s had cool video games and still had arcades.

The Future has mostly been a disappointment. All that really happened was certain things got more convenient while the soul got sucked out of everything. For me anyway.

Have to join this club

Oh well ps5 is out here next week

I'm nostalgic af
Wich is ironic considering my personal life did nothing but improve year after year

Well, i have no more the wild fun i used to have as teen/early 20s but overall i never been good in life as i am today

And yet my nostalgia level is {<goku}

My entire life I've been waiting for the moment I felt I had it all together. It never came, but one day I realized that all the people around me thought I did, which is probably good enough.
That thing is always fleeting. Its never enough. You have to make peace with that

I'm nostalgic af
Wich is ironic considering my personal life did nothing but improve year after year

Well, i have no more the wild fun i used to have as teen/early 20s but overall i never been good in life as i am today

And yet my nostalgia level is {<goku}

That's a mood right there dawg

That's a mood right there dawg
Thing is i'm romantic person while life is mostly a pragmatic game where to win shit you have to do the best move in your options
Only because i can play it decent/well, does'nt mean i like it

Maybe the nostalgia gimmick is just that back then you played your own game, while growing up you better switch to life's game if you want a nice future

People that only need a good career or a big home to be happy are lucky

Thing is i'm romantic person while life is mostly a pragmatic game where to win shit you have to do the best move in your options
Only because i can play it decent/well, does'nt mean i like it

Maybe the nostalgia gimmick is just that back then you played your own game, while growing up you better switch to life's game if you want a nice future

People that only need a good career or a big home to be happy are lucky

I think you're naturally nostalgic for the period in your life where nothing was guaranteed, everything was living day to day, You didn't know if you'd fuck the girl, you didn't know if you'd be at home or at a club or a party that night. Everything in your late teens to mid 20's is just more exciting than when you settle down to be an adult.

I actually miss going to Blockbuster on a Friday night to pick up a couple of good flicks and some munchies. Streaming services are convenient, but there was something exciting about going to the videostore.
I feel bad for anyone who invested into the movie rental business. They could never have predicted how worthless their business would become.

The Future has mostly been a disappointment. All that really happened was certain things got more convenient while the soul got sucked out of everything. For me anyway.

I remember when the Ipod was fucking brilliant, I could carry my entire CD collection around in my pocket.

I remember a time around 2003, smoking a joint outside my buddys house listening to music on his ipod and telling him, man how cool would it be if they made this thing into a phone. The whole world would have to have one.

pandora's box indeed

for me it's the opposite in a way. I get overwhelmed by the irreverance displayed by todays youth when it comes to nostalgia.

They allowed Fleetwood Mac to become a commercial for cranberry juice for christ's sake.

Imagine that, the shit only old people would drink to help them go to the bathroom or young people used to chug down fermented potato juice.

Now it's a top selling beverage all thanks to Stevie Nicks and Cub Swanson's uncle

Sometimes but I use it as motivation to make that day even better as you don't want to live for the past. Thats when you become a boring and old jaded person.

If you ever find yourself saying stuff like

"new X sucks"

"X isn't the same anymore"

"I miss the X days"

"X was better in Y"

You need to immediately change your environment and mindset and try something new or you will be "old man hells at clouds"

I cringe so hard when I meet people in their 30s that are already ancient in their mindset and live and act like retirees. They get so jaded and pessimistic about everything that they didn't grow up with.

It means you are no longer living life

Back