Do you get overwhelmed by nostalgia sometimes?

I miss going to Tower records, block buster music, warehouse, sam goody, etc. I used to go there to listen to music and buy CD's every week after school we had a mall right outside our high school and would walk there, Tower records was the best because they also carried magazines and other stuff and we would just hang out reading all the magazines and checking the music out.

I worked at Hollywood Video in the late 90s early 2000s. I missed it so much we used to talk trash about Blockbuster and play pranks and they would play pranks on us they were a couple blacks down from us it was competition.

I still remember we were transitioning from VHS video tapes to DVD's.

I miss it bad, those times in high school make me sad, I miss all the friendships all the people who would come in with their families on new movie release day which I believe was either Tuesday or Wednesday, and then of course Fridays and Saturday nights were fun so many families would come in and it was a social time so it was packed and I enjoyed talking with them.

Now those type of social situations are long gone since Netflix took over and killed the video store, even if Netfli wouldn't have taken over Amazon would have wiped out the video store.

I chased nostalgia last year. I lived throughout many countries in S. America in my 20s. Returned to my exact stomping grounds in Chile. The feeling was totally different. Might as well have put me in a totally different country. Reliving the old days isn’t possible most of the time

I never really cared too much for reading as a kid, but I really liked these books...

130301a4a9388de61bb821eb638122ab56-12-choose-your-own-adventure.rsquare.w700.jpg

And also...
81NpqDKpkXL._SL1500_.jpg

71orLOIZUIL._SX466_.jpg

and...

81ZnUcpwWwL.jpg

Truth. Just watched a video with Jerry Cantrell today and remembered back to the 90’s. Then as I’m waxing nostalgic, I realize that death has touched all but one of the Big 5.
Pearl Jam - All alive
Nirvana - Kurt Cobain
Sound Garden - Chris Cornell
Alice In Chains - Layne Staley and Mike Starr
Stone Temple Pilots - Scott Weiland

Plus a bunch of others from decent bands of the era.
Grunge fans of the 90s woulda been so mad if they knew eddie was going to be the last one alive lmao

I miss my family the most. Everyone living under one roof. My older sister listening to her "heavy metal" music. My little sister making clothes for her Barbie dolls. My youngest sister playing with my friend's little sister.

Playing with my friends and being called to come back to the house for dinner.

My mom renting BetaMax movies and we'd all sit in front of the 13" TV to watch.

I'd rather have this again than have all the money in the world.

I never really cared too much for reading as a kid, but I really liked these books...

130301a4a9388de61bb821eb638122ab56-12-choose-your-own-adventure.rsquare.w700.jpg

And also...
81NpqDKpkXL._SL1500_.jpg

71orLOIZUIL._SX466_.jpg

and...

81ZnUcpwWwL.jpg
In a weird twist of fate... learning who Shel Silverstein was as a person really threw me.

Only when I'm driving two miles an hour so everybody sees me.

I miss going to Tower records, block buster music, warehouse, sam goody, etc. I used to go there to listen to music and buy CD's every week after school we had a mall right outside our high school and would walk there, Tower records was the best because they also carried magazines and other stuff and we would just hang out reading all the magazines and checking the music out.

I worked at Hollywood Video in the late 90s early 2000s. I missed it so much we used to talk trash about Blockbuster and play pranks and they would play pranks on us they were a couple blacks down from us it was competition.

I still remember we were transitioning from VHS video tapes to DVD's.

I miss it bad, those times in high school make me sad, I miss all the friendships all the people who would come in with their families on new movie release day which I believe was either Tuesday or Wednesday, and then of course Fridays and Saturday nights were fun so many families would come in and it was a social time so it was packed and I enjoyed talking with them.

Now those type of social situations are long gone since Netflix took over and killed the video store, even if Netfli wouldn't have taken over Amazon would have wiped out the video store.
I miss going to the rental store with my mom to pick up games and movies for the weekend. And doing the same later on with my first serious girlfriend. You both pick out a movie, maybe grab a pizza for dinner. Fun times, I miss them a lot.

Sometimes I see homeless bums smoking crack and it really takes me back to the good ol days

In a weird twist of fate... learning who Shel Silverstein was as a person really threw me.

I never really looked into him besides reading those books as a kid. I do remember my Dad saying that he was a columnist for Playboy when I brought those books home from the school Library though.

I miss looking forward to the future which seemed to hold so much promise when I was young. Then I ran headfirst into reality.
The Future has mostly been a disappointment. All that really happened was certain things got more convenient while the soul got sucked out of everything. For me anyway.

Almost everyday, makes me smile but it’s not worth focusing on.

My parents took me to the only Toys 'R' US around, which was a good hour drive, for my 13th birthday. They let me buy one game. You have to understand that Toys 'R' US had EVERY game. I picked this one. I'll never forget that day. It was sunny.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Back