Do you get a flu shot?

Never get it anyway. At worst I get a cold.

I haven't had one in over a decade but I remember getting sick as sh!t the last time I did, don't plan on getting another one.

Last edited:
I get it every year and I'm still going strong...

I have outstanding genetics, so no, I don't get a flu shot.

I'm not a relic.

I've had one this year but it's definitely not every year.

I never did, but once the baby came the boss mandated that I get the flu shot. They give it out free at work so it's just something that gets me out of the office really.

I've never had one, and I don't think I've ever had the flu in my life. (can't remember if I caught one as a child) But I'm paranoid because I got 6 fuckin colds this year. I have one right now. They totally put me out of commission and a flu is much worse than a cold.

I heard they only work maybe 60-70& of the time. I still think they are worth it though because of the minimal risk and the flu is a bitch, and can cause serious complications.

Highly unlikely.

Influenza can easily manifest with mild non descript upper respiratory infection symptoms which can appear very similar to a mild or moderate cold.

In some people (particularly reasonably healthy adults) flu symptoms can be pretty mild and there can be little to no distinction symptom wise between influenza and rhinovirus (common cold).

So, if you've had 6 "colds" in the past year that "laid you out" and you think you've never had the flu in your life I think you're bullshitting yourself.

That being said I'm a healthcare practitioner and my wife is an ICU nurse and we both hold the educated opinion that flu shots are bullshit. Many people that get them still get sick during flu season, and some people do develop flulike symptoms after the shot itself.

I was all like "I've never gotten a flu shot, and I've never got the flu, so flu shots give you the flu!!!" or whatever until a few years ago when I got the flu. Now I get one every year and get my family to and I haven't gotten the flu since. Vaccines work, it's science. The logic for not getting one is kind of like the logic in saying "I've never gotten pregnant and I've never used a condom, but the first time we used a condom it failed and I got pregnant!"

Highly unlikely.

Influenza can easily manifest with mild non descript upper respiratory infection symptoms which can appear very similar to a mild or moderate cold.

In some people (particularly reasonably healthy adults) flu symptoms can be pretty mild and there can be little to no distinction symptom wise between influenza and rhinovirus (common cold).

So, if you've had 6 "colds" in the past year that "laid you out" and you think you've never had the flu in your life I think you're bullshitting yourself.

That being said I'm a healthcare practitioner and my wife is an ICU nurse and we both hold the educated opinion that flu shots are bullshit. Many people that get them still get sick during flu season, and some people do develop flulike symptoms after the shot itself.

Well, every time I've gotten a cold this year has come after a weekend of heavy drinking. Every fuckin time. Anytime I get drunk I catch a cold now about 2 days later. This just started this year. Before this year, I got maybe one cold every 2 years.

And I don't think the the shots are bullshit, but they are effective and they do admit they can make you feel bad for a little while.

They were giving them free at work a few years ago and I got one just to get away from work for a few minutes.

That night I got sick to my stomach and pooped my guts out.

I usually never get sick and always hear how 'this year is the worst!' for the flu.

Doctors recommending all sorts of things you really dont need.
Just live well and die like a man with your dignity without a million hoses up your ass in a building where you are surrounded by strangers who dont give a shit about you.

Back