Do you expect Lawler to become a lengthy champion?

I don't think he can beat Carlos Condit. My first UFC ppv, first fight I saw.. Lawler vs. Lytle, awesome fighter but I think it's amazing that he's made it this far. Honestly, I had him losing that second fight to Hendricks but amazing run regardless. In response to the OP, he loses his belt November 15th.

he will beat condit but i dont think he could beat johnny again or gsp if he comes back

im super stoked that he won the belt and defend it though, everything after this point is just bonus

I hope he keeps winning, cause he is one of the most exciting fighters ever.

He hasn't been dominant enough to make any bets like that. It's awesome while it lasts though.

Lawler, MacDonald, Hendricks and Condit are all great fighters and anyone of these 4 can beat anyone on a given day. Just look at how many super close fights there were between these fighters.

I think condit will do a diaz type of game plan and outpoint Robbie. Then again robbie is not Nick and will find a way to make condit engage more.

That strategy only worked on Nick because Nick doesn't have a backup plan when his opponents don't play by Stockton rules.

There are some monsters at the top of that division, and as others have pointed out his brawling style does not lend itself well to longevity

If he beats Condit, I think he will be the favorite against anybody else in the division.

He has looked better after every fight so who knows. I hope a long time, I love watching his fights. I suppose condit can if he runs away and never exchanges but 5 rounds is a long time.

There are some monsters at the top of that division, and as others have pointed out his brawling style does not lend itself well to longevity

It doesnt really feel like he brawls anymore but I am sure he would if he is pushed.

No. I think Condit will destroy him. A lot of people will be surprised with the result of their fight. Robbie is tailor made for Carlos. Robbie will have his moments early, but Condit will eventually wear him down with his relentless pace. Carlos will hurt him in the 3rd, or 4th round, and then go in for the kill. NBK will hold the belt for a long time, assuming he never has to face Hector Lombard, Ben Askren, or Rousimar Palhares.

It doesnt really feel like he brawls anymore but I am sure he would if he is pushed.

Yeah, brawling probably isn't the best way to describe his style. Others described it more accurately in here

Not for much longer. Despite finishing Rory in the fifth, Rory was UP 3 rounds on him. Meaning had it gone the distance he would have lost the title. Now of course it proves how good he is for being able to finish Rory in the 5th, but it also shows that he can be beaten. Whether he gets past Condit or not, I expect him to lose to Hendricks when that rematch happens.

I honestly couldn't say, the WW division seems so evenly matched in the top 10. I just wish Nick Diaz would string a couple wins together, and earn a title fight with Robbie before he eventually loses.

Honestly, I could see him winning a few more fights. But, he has been in some wars, and he has been fighting for a very long time. I feel as though he should retire after the next couple and hopefully retire as champion. I think that is the way to go out....just like GSP did.

I'll be honest, I thought Rory would have took a dec. from him.

So idk.

No. I think Condit will destroy him. A lot of people will be surprised with the result of their fight. Robbie is tailor made for Carlos. Robbie will have his moments early, but Condit will eventually wear him down with his relentless pace. Carlos will hurt him in the 3rd, or 4th round, and then go in for the kill. NBK will hold the belt for a long time, assuming he never has to face Hector Lombard, Ben Askren, or Rousimar Palhares.

I'm fairly certain Carlos would kick Palhares' ass.

I've been rootin for him ever since he came back to the UFC. If he can keep his head on his shoulders and keep developing his game nobody at 170 will beat him. The only person to give him a potential challenge is Condit, but if worst comes to worst he can take Carlos down and win on points (not that I'd like to see that).

Not for much longer. Despite finishing Rory in the fifth, Rory was UP 3 rounds on him. Meaning had it gone the distance he would have lost the title. Now of course it proves how good he is for being able to finish Rory in the 5th, but it also shows that he can be beaten. Whether he gets past Condit or not, I expect him to lose to Hendricks when that rematch happens.

You think Rory was up 3? LOL

Back