Do you expect Lawler to become a lengthy champion?

Not with the punishment he takes. But selfishly, I'm glad he fights that way because it is entertaining.

No. I think Condit will destroy him. A lot of people will be surprised with the result of their fight. Robbie is tailor made for Carlos. Robbie will have his moments early, but Condit will eventually wear him down with his relentless pace. Carlos will hurt him in the 3rd, or 4th round, and then go in for the kill. NBK will hold the belt for a long time, assuming he never has to face Hector Lombard, Ben Askren, or Rousimar Palhares.

A guy who is 2-3 in his last five will hold the belt for a long while. Hahaha.

Woodley was beating Condit. Hendricks beat him. Rory would also pose problems. But yeah, keep smoking whatever it is you are smoking...

I think someone like GSP is the only true kryptonite for Lawler.

A guy who is 2-3 in his last five will hold the belt for a long while. Hahaha.

Woodley was beating Condit. Hendricks beat him. Rory would also pose problems. But yeah, keep smoking whatever it is you are smoking...

The Woodley fight ended early, and he has a weak gas tank. Carlos gets stronger as the fight progresses. Hendrick's would get finished in the 4th, or 5th round for the same reason. And Rory would pose problems? You must be joking, Carlos would break him again.

He's always excelled against wrestlers with no submissions and most of the top dogs at 170 are just that, so assuming he can get by Condit (that should be a great fight) yeah, absolutely. But Maia is only a couple big wins away from a crack at Robbie and I really think that would be a nightmare matchup for Mr. Ruthless.

I think it's the long awaited return to the beers and dust but I thought he had 3 defences for some reason. In relative terms to my expectations I think one or two more quality opposition defenses and he's had a good run in a shark tank division.

As an NBK fan, I would not. Palhares scares the shit out of me.

Thats kinda why i like palhares. He is always exciting to watch cuz you know what hes going to do and youre just waiting for it to happen.

He is like something out of a nightmare at 170. He has this viciousness combined with retard strength, farmboy strength and that thousand mile stare when he locks in a sub.

Thats kinda why i like palhares. He is always exciting to watch cuz you know what hes going to do and youre just waiting for it to happen.

He is like something out of a nightmare at 170. He has this viciousness combined with retard strength, farmboy strength and that thousand mile stare when he locks in a sub.

My thought's exactly. It's hard to prepare for a guy with that combo of technique, and strength. Not to mention he's clearly insane.

My thought's exactly. It's hard to prepare for a guy with that combo of technique, and strength. Not to mention he's clearly insane.

You have to fight him the way Hendo did. Even back then I thought Hendo was in for it in that fight but hus sprawl n brawl and movement kept Palhares neutralized. It's the only way to beat that lunatic.

I see him beating Condit and Hendricks beating Woodley then Lawler losing to Hendricks so...no. I see the belt being Hendricks'.

You have to fight him the way Hendo did. Even back then I thought Hendo was in for it in that fight but hus sprawl n brawl and movement kept Palhares neutralized. It's the only way to beat that lunatic.

He can often be overpowered at 185. I think the only guy who can overpower him at 170 is probably hendricks.

He won't last but that's mostly cause he's been at it so long with a very physical striking style.

I love Robbie but I think his style will take its toll on him soon.

that and all the damage he has already taken in his career. it wont be a long reign imo, but it will be a fun one.

Back