Do you expect Lawler to become a lengthy champion?

I love Robbie but I think his style will take its toll on him soon.

Yep. These 5 round wars have a price. I think Condit is the guy who ends it. If he doesn't and Lawler ends up trading for 5 rounds again and wins, johny will be ready shortly after I'm sure. After the rory fight that had to do some permanent damage. So they stick against Condit and hope to catch lightning in a bottle twice. It can't last much longer the way he fights. Awesome for the sport though.

I don't think he will be champ for long. If I were GSP I'd come back now just to get the title, defend it once and then retire.

right now the only 2 guys who i think can beat him in the WW division are Hendricks and Condit if he can take down the latter and stop Hendricks from turning into blanket man then he should have a lengthy title reign

i don't think it will last but i'll enjoy it while it does, lawler is a beast and the kind of fighter i like to watch

No, not because he's not good enough, but because he's older now, and he's taken a lot of damage. Also, there's one guy that matches up very well with him in Hendricks, and I honestly thought he lost their 2nd fight.

Otherwise, I think he beats every WW in the division, and even GSP.

I like your AV. Plus good choice in fighters but Jonny is leagues behind guys like Weidman, despite previous athletic accomplishments in amateur wrestling it has not translated that well to MMA. Since when does a fighter ever look like Jonny beat the shit out of them on the ground? Even Condit looked good after his loss to Jonny which should say something considering Condit loves dressing in his and his opponents blood during fights. :eek:

Most damage is from his standups. He has weak ground and pound and is usually content to stay holding his opponent down in their guard. He is simply not active enough on the ground despite TD's. I think his last fight with Lawler the judges really turned on his wrestling heavy round 4-5 style. Realistically he does not deserve to challenge Lawler until he wins a few more. Even more so obviously for someone like Cain.

If he can get by Condit, I think he will be.

Its very hard to say. If he can beat Condit I will be more confident in him reigning longer

If he takes the same drug Anderson Silva took, he should become quite lengthy.

Joseph-Gordon-Levitt-Beer-Cheers-Reaction-Gif.gif

I predict someone will outpoint a slow starting Lawler or take advantage of a brain fart. I don't imagine someone holding the UFC WW belt for a long stretch like GSP did.

Define lengthy. I consider 2 or more title defenses. So after he beats Conditions yes.

My perfect-world scenario:

Robbie and Condit put on a FOTY-quality war, with Lawler getting the finish.
Woodley one-punch KO's Hendricks.
Robbie and Woodley fight; another Lawler finish.
GSP comes back and gets an immediate title-shot, lawler gets him.
Rematch happens and this time GSP edges lawler.

Both retire and walk into the sunset together, possibly to go fight crime.

My perfect-world scenario:

Robbie and Condit put on a FOTY-quality war, with Lawler getting the finish.
Woodley one-punch KO's Hendricks.
Robbie and Woodley fight; another Lawler finish.
GSP comes back and gets an immediate title-shot, lawler gets him.
Rematch happens and this time GSP edges lawler.

Both retire and walk into the sunset together, possibly to go fight crime.

get out of my perfect world

His reign is over once he fights Johny again.

sadly i think this is the true answer .
i think he handles Condit .
and i think Jonny beats Woodley and gets a rematch then beats him again .
but i just hope woodley puts a spanner in those works but I'm not sure how the fight between Woodely and Lawler would go seeing as they are training partners so wether or not that changes the way robbie fights could effect the outcome of that fight .

HE AIN'T DOMINANT!

He is an exciting fighter w/ a great chin. It's great to have a champion like that, but the way he fights, that style is not a solution to be a champion for long time.

No, not because he's not good enough, but because he's older now, and he's taken a lot of damage. Also, there's one guy that matches up very well with him in Hendricks, and I honestly thought he lost their 2nd fight.

Otherwise, I think he beats every WW in the division, and even GSP.

Lawler has a physical advantage that until just recently he did not spar. How many fights with injuries has he pulled out of? How many major injuries? Head trauma? Not much he actually is in excellent shape considering how long he has been fighting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back