Do you expect Lawler to become a lengthy champion?

Actualized174

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Big fan of Robbie but was wondering what Sherdog thinks of his potential as champion?

Do you think he will hold onto the title for a good while? How do you expect him to do against Condit. Many people expected Rory to defeat in the rematch but Lawler did his thing and finished him and has filled in many of the holes that he used to have prior to his championship calibre fights.

I think he will. He is the kinda champion that the WW needs right now. Hendricks might pose some problems but right now Lawler beats him in a UD. The TDD of Lawler right now is a thing to behold.

Not really. his 3 titke fights have been razor thin and I could see condit beting him

I love Robbie but I think his style will take its toll on him soon.

i think if he beats carlos he could reign a while.

Nope but I'm still happy for him simply for the work and determination he's put in over the years to get to where he's at.

Not really. his 3 titke fights have been razor thin and I could see condit beting him

We need Lawler with his spirit. That fight with Rory had me all kinds of emotional.

Nope. But I also thought Rory would beat him so who knows.

For me, Lawler's now in the same boat as Weidman. I've picked against them time after time and they always prove me wrong. Robbie is an awesome champion, and I think he probably gets by Condit. Its going to be a wild fight though, and I seem to be one of the few really looking forward to it.

I didn't think he would beat Rory.

He's not your typical champion who aims for gold first hand, he's a warrior and it has taken him surprisingly far.

No, not because he's not good enough, but because he's older now, and he's taken a lot of damage. Also, there's one guy that matches up very well with him in Hendricks, and I honestly thought he lost their 2nd fight.

Otherwise, I think he beats every WW in the division, and even GSP.

I think condit will do a diaz type of game plan and outpoint Robbie. Then again robbie is not Nick and will find a way to make condit engage more.

slightly favor robbie but that is a close fight.

To answer your question...2-3 more title defenses if he gets by carlos. His style will take a toll on him.

I think if Lawler can get by Carlos he can. Hendricks could beat him but I'm not sure if he can get past Woodley and should he lose that fight it will be awhile before he can get to Robbie.

You live by the sword you die by the sword. He scary as fuck but the way he fights I don't see him being champ forever. But I'll always be a fan and root for him unless it's against Nick again.

I think condit will do a diaz type of game plan and outpoint Robbie. Then again robbie is not Nick and will find a way to make condit engage more.

slightly favor robbie but that is a close fight.

To answer your question...2-3 more title defenses if he gets by carlos. His style will take a toll on him.

If condit does this shit then I'm done with the ****. No but seriously I want a bloody fight.

No. He is very good, but his division is stacked. I see the belt going between a few guys (Rory-Condit-Hendricks-Lawler)

I do, actually. I don't think anyone can handle his toughness, punching power, stamina and oh yeah, good luck taking him down.

He's ridiculously underrated. WW is arguably the deepest in MMA, and I don't see anyone in there who I'd pick to beat him.

Too old, both age and fight wise.

His fights are great tho. Awesome even.

his style of taking/dishing a stupendous amount of damage means his career will end sooner whether he likes it or not.

Back