Do you enjoy the wasabi / horseradish burn?

I fucking love sushi, so I love wasabi as well. Real wasabi is the shit though, much better than the horseradish version.

Last edited:
In some weird sick way I kind of do. But I do NOT like hot sauces that are too hot or that kind of burn.

It doesn't last long so I enjoy it clearing the sinuses.

The capsaicin in peppers is a whole other animal though, and that burn lasts for minutes. I enjoy that too but only when it's just the tongue. I've had some dishes with thai peppers and habanero that actually made my stomach ache. Lol

I really like wasabi. Sometimes I get too carried away with it and the pain travels from my sinuses all the way to the back of my scalp. Not sure if anyone else gets that.

I really like wasabi. Sometimes I get too carried away with it and the pain travels from my sinuses all the way to the back of my scalp. Not sure if anyone else gets that.
Yes! My gf named it “wasabi brain.” It’s strange, because it affects the exact same spot every time. I’ve always wondered why, like what that specific area of the brain is, or if there’s some pathway there, or whatever.

Wasabi is spicy, delicious, and the heat dissipates relatively quickly. It's near perfect.
That’s the best part of it. Gives that adrenaline dump, and quickly bids you adieu.

Yes! My gf named it “wasabi brain.” It’s strange, because it affects the exact same spot every time. I’ve always wondered why, like what that specific area of the brain is, or if there’s some pathway there, or whatever.

Thank god I'm not alone. I've tried to explain the sensation to a lot of different people and they have no idea what I'm talking about. And it only happens when you take down a bigger than normal chunk of wasabi, otherwise it's just the typical nasal burn that last for a second.

Thank god I'm not alone. I've tried to explain the sensation to a lot of different people and they have no idea what I'm talking about. And it only happens when you take down a bigger than normal chunk of wasabi, otherwise it's just the typical nasal burn that last for a second.
Yeah exactly. For me, it sort of short circuits my brain for a second, until the burn subsides. I’m gonna have to google this.

These are awesome. Great in salads too..

51y2xywrnCL._AC_SY400_.jpg

wasabi has grown on me probably because your taste buds change in your 30's. im not to experienced with horse radish I had it like 3 times.

Funny timing for this thread. I love spicy foods, I'll throw down with Carolina Reapers, Trinidad Scorpion Peppers, and use hot sauce at almost every meal. That being said, last weekend I went to a dinner party and experienced a "large" dose of Wasabi for the first time. It definitely was a unique sensation, because while basically every other heat burns your mouth, Wasabi seems to go straight to your nose/sinuses. It wasn't the "hottest" flavor, but I definitely didn't appreciate the "placement" of its wrath, like how I enjoy other heat.

I put wasabi on a lot of things i eat that maybe doesn’t belong... lol

Nah, I use it on things like steak, chili, burgers, tonkatsu, salmon or Denver omelettes, bratwurst, Fish n Chips.... (u get the point).
Don’t care for those spicy hot sauces; but I do like wasabi alot.

I like Sake alot too.

7-A7-B24-D2-E30-A-4913-8807-D4091442-B21-E.jpg

Last edited:
Wasabi is the truth

Back