Do you enjoy the wasabi / horseradish burn?

I don't go over the top with wasabi. I don't mind the taste, but I don't want my soy sauce to be more wasabi than soy sauce

Wasabi is nice but I prefer Horseradish overall. Its fantastic on Roast Beef but also really good with oily smoked fish like Mackerel and Trout

Yes and yes. I'm like George Costanza when he's eating the kung pow.

Apparently only a certain percent of the population gets that Wasabi burn and not all experience it the same way.

For me when it kicks in, i get what feels like a little warning shock, that is immediately followed by what feels like someone running an electric current all throughout my brain. I literally feel like its a rolling current as i feel it move around and i am reacting the entire time.

It is very similar, in a way to the brain freeze I sometimes get from biting into something cold, but the sensation is different as the freeze feels like just that. Cold or a freezing moving across the brain where this feels like electricity.

And while I hate brain freeze, I enjoy wasabi burn.

Real legit sushi is the best. I’m a huge fan of California rolls only though. The rest is fake af.

Wasabi is good.

Horseradish is good.

I like spicy peppers and hot sauces for sure, but:

Pungent sinus burn >>>>> spicy tongue burn

I've tried it once or twice and it was okay.

I can't stand eating sushi so it's not like the opportunity really arises for me to eat it.

Fuck no. That shit's nasty. Tastes like what I'd think poison tastes like. Japanese mayo often tastes like wasabi because I think that's part of their normal mayo.

Back