Do you belong in the 1000lb club?

Sakuraba is #1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
It’s where your bench press, squat and deadlift must cumulatively total one thousand or more pounds. The 1000lb club requires strength across multiple disciplines, you can’t just be a bench warrior and expect to join the 1000lb club. At the same time, your squat won’t get you across the line into the 1000 pound territory when you’re neglecting your upper body and failing to put up a decent bench press.

In order to join the 1000lb club you’re going to need a combined total of 1000lbs (or 445kg) on your 1 rep maximum squat, deadlift and bench press combined.

In Drug Free Raw competition at 174lbs.
Squat:520
Bench:350
Deadlift:622

I wouldn't ever even attempt it, as I have bad knees.

600lb club checking in. Fuck dead lifting anymore so I threw a light weight in there just cuz I know I can.

I was....I’m recovering from an injury right now so I’m down in that 800lb club lol. I’ll get back to it.

Being 5'5 and 70kg that's gonna be hard to acheive. My current goal is DL 180kg, squat 140kg, and bench 110. That's still only 430kg total.

As someone who is in it, it really isn't that much. I did it initially at 172 pounds and if I were to compete even at the local level I wouldn't be close to competitive. I actually hit my highest recently with these stats:

Weight: 180
Bench: 250
Squat: 370
Deadlift: 475
Total: 1095

I'm a little below these numbers now since I had a kid and can't justify going to the gym more than twice a week. I was gunning for 1,200, but by the time I think it would be okay to spend more time on hobbies I will probably be too old to be able to make the gains I need.

As someone who is in it, it really isn't that much. I did it initially at 172 pounds and if I were to compete even at the local level I wouldn't be close to competitive. I actually hit my highest recently with these stats:

Weight: 180
Bench: 250
Squat: 370
Deadlift: 475
Total: 1095

I'm a little below these numbers now since I had a kid and can't justify going to the gym more than twice a week. I was gunning for 1,200, but by the time I think it would be okay to spend more time on hobbies I will probably be too old to be able to make the gains I need.

It isn’t that big of a deal if you train consistently, I did it just using the StrongLifts 5x5 app for awhile, I don’t know how long it initially took but I got into the 1100s while don’t a shit load of running and training must Thai fairly seriously. I was around 200lbs at 6’4 and was only doing the strength work to help with Muay Thai. Powerlifting as a sport is quite gay.

After awhile I just switched to tactical barbell because lifting while great for you is pretty boring so I wanted to keep strength sessions short and sweet, I had no problem maintaining even when my lifting sessions were like 35-40 minutes 3-4 times a week.

In Drug Free Raw competition at 174lbs.
Squat:520
Bench:350
Deadlift:622
You don’t say

Actually those are pretty damn good numbers, I was a one trick pony. DL was all I was good at, my bench and squat just weren’t on the same level.
<DCrying>

lol most USA powerlifters can’t even compete with the 155 pound Iranian Olympic lifters.

Someone post a picture of strongmen just take a guess of the HGH cycles.

no but i look like i can

and looks and a sherdog high rank belt are all that matters in life

I am in. My bench press is low. But my core is strong as fuck.

Bench 100
Squat 100
Bench 100

300 club, bitches, come at me

I was in high school, nowadays my shoulders and knees probably restrict me to the 700 club

It’s where your bench press, squat and deadlift must cumulatively total one thousand or more pounds. The 1000lb club requires strength across multiple disciplines, you can’t just be a bench warrior and expect to join the 1000lb club. At the same time, your squat won’t get you across the line into the 1000 pound territory when you’re neglecting your upper body and failing to put up a decent bench press.

In order to join the 1000lb club you’re going to need a combined total of 1000lbs (or 445kg) on your 1 rep maximum squat, deadlift and bench press combined.

No....no I do not.
Never even been close
Best #s all-time 225/305/395

^^bw is 30lbs lighter nowadays

Back