Do you belong in the 1000lb club?

3rd Group and worked for USASOC HQ briefly.

There is a guy I know who works for a much cooler unit that actually competed in several Olympic games. He's taller than 6'6, and he runs well under 9:00 for 2 miles. The guy could probably deadlift close to 800lbs. He's an absolute beast. Most people don't really have an understanding of who some of these guys are at the upper end of the spectrum. Incredibly high human performance levels, and none of them are using gear.

when you wrote this:
I will admit that this specific place in North Carolina has a really uncommon collection of people.

I knew immediately where you work.

I've been inside your enclosure. You had issues with a piece of equipment and i was brought in as an SME to help y'all out. Best cafeteria food I've ever eaten for the low low price of 4-5 bucks. Went to take a shit and the literature available next to the john were a couple of Playboy magazines... LOL.

BrettGibbs_dls-300x300.jpg

ausjohnpaulcauchijpeg-14_orig.jpg

these guys are practically dwarfs and set record breaking deadlifts.

I never said short guys can't DL.
I said it won't make any difference.

All I know is I can bench teh 275 brah

Right now? Sadly close. There was a time I was in the 1200 club. I used to bench 340+, squat around 400, and deadlift 450.

I can't bench 300 right now I don't think, I haven't squatted heavy in a couple years, and although I could probably still deadlift a lot if I had to, I wouldn't try over 400.

Back