Do you belong in the 1000lb club?

It’s where your bench press, squat and deadlift must cumulatively total one thousand or more pounds. The 1000lb club requires strength across multiple disciplines, you can’t just be a bench warrior and expect to join the 1000lb club. At the same time, your squat won’t get you across the line into the 1000 pound territory when you’re neglecting your upper body and failing to put up a decent bench press.

In order to join the 1000lb club you’re going to need a combined total of 1000lbs (or 445kg) on your 1 rep maximum squat, deadlift and bench press combined.
Don't they need to be done in the same day to qualify?

Nope I pretty much do 225lbs on all 3. Knees and groin feel weird when I squat and/or dead lift so I don't go crazy heavy. Also don't wan to fuck up my back on dead lifts so I keep it light when training. King of the manlets @ 155lbs here.

I'm coming for your throne, breh

I'm also 155 and have a 315 squat, 220 bench, but I don't deadlift cuz it doesn't get you gains and it's all about aesthetics. But based on those numbers I'm sure I could pull a 400 DL with a few months' training. That'd put me at 935.

The 1,000-pound club is nice for average dudes but the 900-pound one is where it's at for us manlets.

240 bench
365 squat
425 deadlift

...couldn’t lift that today though. So really, fat and lazy crew checking in.

I haven't deadlifted in ages but my bench is probably around 240-250 and I know my squat is about 300-325. So just guessing on the dead lift I probably fall a little short.

my shoulder is fucked so my bench totals are terrible (don't ask)

but i was at 875lbs and progressing nicely with squats and dead lifts to make up for my bench. injured my forearms, neck, knees and back in the past year as I was hitting/hit 40.

nearly recovered now to restart the climb to 1000lbs

130kg Squat, 100kg Bench press & 180kg Deadlift. 410kg total

So no. But I think i’ll be close if not there when I retest in a couple months.
<4> 130kg squat.... <DisgustingHHH> you sound like you're just getting in the way of some heavy curling, for dudes doing the T Shirt workout {bi's tri's shoulders}

bork1} jk...keep on plugging away dude.

Years ago probably
Now I'm weak as fuck

lmao @ deadlifts. The most pointless lift of all time

Nope I pretty much do 225lbs on all 3. Knees and groin feel weird when I squat and/or dead lift so I don't go crazy heavy. Also don't wan to fuck up my back on dead lifts so I keep it light when training. King of the manlets @ 155lbs here.

I'm not a manlet (sorry ;) ) but I was similar in that my bench press was practically as much as my squat and deadlight. Ya, I skipped a lot of leg days too. I'm 6'1" @ 185lbs so too long and thin to hit the core lifts heavy. Those short little Sean Sherk dudes at my gym move the bar like 4 inches on their bench press. I also did a lot of curls but not in the squat rack.

Being 5'5 and 70kg that's gonna be hard to acheive. My current goal is DL 180kg, squat 140kg, and bench 110. That's still only 430kg total.

70 kg is a detriment no doubt. But 5'5 at that weight is pretty muscular. I'm 70kg (154) at 5'10 and artificially bulked myself up to about 77kg (~170) when I was gung ho on getting there and I didn't come nearly that close.

Uh, yes. This is, like, below intermediate.

I heard all the guys in that club fuck men.

sign-me-up.jpg

I honestly thought this thread would be about some new reality show about 1000lb dudes.

Glad I was wrong.

Back