Do you believe in Fedor?

JBG accepts the sacrifices offered of or by the Unholy Russian Emperor.

x-files-i-want-to-believe-poster1.jpg

I think Fedor got this, in my opinion, the only reason Fedor ever lost to Werdum, Henderson and bigfoot is because he changed his style too much. Just like many fighters, you can sit on your achievements and stop performing as you used too, which I think was the case with Fedor, along with other problems like injuries and other things.

Therefore, I don't believe Fedor is necessarily out of it, because he's older now. Some people say that you don't get better as you age, but in this case it's not a problem of aging, it's a problem of not doing what you used to be good at. At the end of his career he was mostly throwing long hooks to try and knock out his opponents and being overly un-cautious, he wasn't as refined as he used to. But that can change, and it's not a problem necessarily related to age.

I believe there was a man named Fedor. And that he was an all time great fighter.

I have no clue how his comeback is going to go. I'm very hopeful of good things, but scared to see Michael Jordan with the Wizards.

how can you even remotely believe that when there are 3 guys on the UFC roster with wins over Fedor? And 1 of them is fighting at MW.

And Cain isn't even the champ.....Cain just lost to the guy that already beat fedor....yet you still favor Cain over Werdum against Fedor?

I have a hard time following that logic.

You must be talking about sea-level cain.

Cain still has a lot of hype for some reason. I always thought his cardio was waaaay overrated just because of his fighting style and the way he put the pressure on JDS. He's still a great fighter but yeah Werdum beat him so right now Cain cannot be consider the best fighter in the world, in fact he may not even be second best at heavyweight, Stipe could possibly beat him and JDS could beat him still too.

I'd like to think Fedor has it in him to beat any HW out there right now, but I also know he is beatable. I believe his best days are behind him, but I will be cheering for him.

It would be foolish to not believe in Fedor. Guy has done so much with his rare ability to combine speed, power and technique.

I have faith in the last emperor! He's gonna take back his losses and kick some ass!

The HW divison is in such bad shape that I can see Fedor being a an immediate top 5 contender. JDS, Stipe , Cain and Werdum are the only guys to rank over him.

As an old school fan Fedor coming back has me more interested in MMA than I've been in years.

Simple question, do you think if Fedor shows up in the same shape as the Rizzo fight (which was visibly better than his strike force fights) that he's still the best HW in the world?

I think so, the only person that comes close is Cain and he doesn't have the submission game Fedor has.. Fedor just needs to train correctly and I still think he's better than anyone.

I agree, but 3 years is a long time. Who knows what he is like now. But yeah post Hendo Fedor impressed me a lot.

He was patient and basically had 3 perfect fights vs 3 good opponents. The more I think about it, the better these 3 wins seem to me.

I agree, but 3 years is a long time. Who knows what he is like now. But yeah post Hendo Fedor impressed me a lot.

He was patient and basically had 3 perfect fights vs 3 good opponents. The more I think about it, the better these 3 wins seem to me.

They were not good opponents.

Heart says FUCK YEAH GO FEDOR UFC 2015!!1
But then, my brain goes: It's 2015, Fedor is almost 40.

:,(

(watchin' Fedor highlights helps, too)

EDIT: I believe. Kind of.

As long as he comes in with a good gameplan and sticks to it, he can be the best in the world. One of the best fighters to come in with a great gameplan and execute it to a T.
His strategy against Mirko and Nog 2 are prime examples (1st Nog fight was him in pure beastmode, disregarding Nog's guard which was the best in the world at the time in MMA and diving straight in).

I believe and think he can compete with anyone if he stays focused and doesn't just look for the KO like in his 3 losses. To me he just seemed on edge in those fights, like he wanted to get out of the cage as quick as possible.

Ufc hw div is the place of the most dangerous guys in the world and Fedor wont do well for sure

Two of the three guys who beat him were juiced to the gills. The other one is the HW champ.

I don't know if I believe in Fedor against someone like Stipe or Cain, but hell yeah I believe that Fedor can beat Mir, Arlovski, Overeem, Rothwell, Browne, non-TRT bigfoot, etc.

ITT: deluded fan boys. You guys should be secretly hoping he doesn't sign with the UFC, he would get brutally destroyed by anyone, even Ruan Potts if he was still around.

Back