Do you believe in Fedor?

They were not good opponents.

Better than alot of heavies in Bellator and not as bad as you think. Ishii is rough around the edges but a good prospect and only 4 losses to Fedor, Mirko 2x and Yoshida in his first fight. He was also heavily sought after by the UFC before he made his MMA debut. If he dropped to 205, he could be champ in Bellator probably.

Monson has always been a fringe top ten heavy, always around 10-20 in rankings, a solid fighter.

And Rizzo was the worst of the 3, but still coming into the fight with a 3 fight win streak including a win over Monson.

I think they were perfect fights for Fedor to get his confidence back up and leave on a high note.

Last edited:
I think he can be a competitive, potentially top ten fighter. Can he be champion? Well, as Ronda says, under the right circumstances...

I am worried about his ability to adjust to losing his speed. That just won't be there at 38.

Hoping he can compensate with technique and power.

With the division they way it is I don't think it's a big stretch to say he could be champion.

Yes

After Fedor's 3 losses, he went to Holland and updated his training. He looked great since.

If he keeps it up, he can still do great things.

So much starts to happen to the body in the late 30's. This is past prime for any type of high-impact/high-exertion type of sport. The loss of quickness in the last three years combined with lack of staying competitive is a huge wildcard. We should not be surprised if Fedor loses.

ITT: deluded fan boys. You guys should be secretly hoping he doesn't sign with the UFC, he would get brutally destroyed by anyone, even Ruan Potts if he was still around.

Haha. We get it. You are desperately longing for some attention.

Here's some.

Fedor plus 3 years of uninterrupted training, injury rehab, and healthy living =

UFC Champion in 2016.

He got that fire again that we sometimes do as fighters...Fedor Bless

Fedor plus 3 years of uninterrupted training, injury rehab, and healthy living =

UFC Champion in 2016.

He got that fire again that we sometimes do as fighters...Fedor Bless

Masterlisp is a fighter?

Lol

Forever... He could drop another 3 (Even in Bellator or WSOF)and I would still foolishly believe in a potential UFC title run

Fedor was great, but after so long out of the game and his advancing age I find it hard to convince myself that we see anything but a complete tooling if he fights Werdum, let alone Cain.

I'd rather assume that father time has won again and be pleasantly surprised than elevate my hopes and have them crushed.

Back