• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you believe Bo Nickal?

A. I believe Bo could be out of cell service hunting.

B. I believe UFC may off this sort of fight to these prospects without intention of booking it, just to see where they see themselves.

It's risky for Bo, but not nearly as risky as it would've been for Robert.

Yeah man, Bo Nikal, a wrestling champion and professional MMA fighter is a coward who should totally 'man up' to the standards of ALPHA_T83.

What have you ever done in your pathetic, miserable, petulant existence other than earn a black belt at Sherdog writing garbage?

Do I beltgat he was offered the fight ? No not really, I think his last fight made it a bit easier obvious that he’s not really for a guy of Whittaker yet , especially on short notice.
Seems like a good way to ruin a prospect

These two fighters aren't even in the same league. There are levels to the game, and these two have vastly different expereinces and skill sets.

Bo is not ready to fight Rob, or other top contenders, and the UFC shouldn't have even offered him this fight.

It doesn't say much about his prospects of a champion. How many unranked guys fight possibly the 2nd best fighter in the division?

He's saving face with his excuses, but it's a terrible fight for him to take.

He goofy af and thinks he's cool with it.

Bo Nickal claims he got offered the short-notice fight against Whittaker, but he couldn't accept it because he was deep in the mountains of Montana with no cell reception. Then he proceeded to backpedal and claimed he didn't want to go to Saudi Arabia because it's "far as crap".

Sorry but Bo Nickal is a coward making lame excuses. He should just be a man and admit he was too scared to accept the risky fight. I actually believe this says a lot about a person's prospects as a champion. I don't think Bo has what it takes to become a UFC champion now. I could be wrong but that's my opinion.

Bo Nickal Reveals UFC Offered Short-Notice Fight Against Robert Whittaker​

I mean, both can be true.

He might have been in the middle of nowhere and still not wanted to have done it.

I think him saying no at this point in his career is the smart move anyway tbh, going from a middle of the pack guy to Whittaker is a massive jump and him getting the crap beaten out of him on a big stage could kill all interest in him.

Bo Nickal claims he got offered the short-notice fight against Whittaker, but he couldn't accept it because he was deep in the mountains of Montana with no cell reception. Then he proceeded to backpedal and claimed he didn't want to go to Saudi Arabia because it's "far as crap".

Sorry but Bo Nickal is a coward making lame excuses. He should just be a man and admit he was too scared to accept the risky fight. I actually believe this says a lot about a person's prospects as a champion. I don't think Bo has what it takes to become a UFC champion now. I could be wrong but that's my opinion.

Bo Nickal Reveals UFC Offered Short-Notice Fight Against Robert Whittaker​

While I do think there is a good amount of reason to not believe what he says, I'm not sure why that should be cut off to after him receiving this offer and not include that claim among his BS

i dont like Bo but this was too risky a fight to take at this point in his career, especially at short notice.

*even though a year or so ago he was calling out kamzat....:rolleyes:
There is a difference between calling someone out and preparing for the fight, vs a short notice fight.

It is what it is. He should have taken the fight imho. You only get to fight in the octagon so many times before the curtain call.

I wouldn't take that fight either. It was on less than 3 weeks notice against a title contender. Bo still can climb the ranks with a proper camp, a loss like that could derail him for a while.
I agree. Short-notice fights, especially halfway around the world where you need several days to acclimate, are risky. And we all know Nickal is rough around the edges and needs to work on some things. Meanwhile, Whittaker is already there, had a full camp and was preparing to fight a wrestler. Get out of here with the "coward" stuff. Plenty of guys have turned down less risky fights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RBG
Back